The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just teasing.

We'll be chopping and changing all of our cars soon (my wife and I) and it started today. Took a Golf R out again and once I got my head around how to drive it better I was more won over. Enough to buy one anyway, pick it up next weekend.

Comment

I really liked the golf r. Enough to make me think the 45amg is insanely overpriced.

Comment

Is that what you bought Brad, the AMG?

Comment

A low point in the ikobo car ownership history

Comment

If a top of the range Golf was the worst part of my car history, I could quite happily live with that. Unfortunately my first car, a red peugeot 205 'style', would beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              I was just teasing.

We'll be chopping and changing all of our cars soon (my wife and I) and it started today. Took a Golf R out again and once I got my head around how to drive it better I was more won over. Enough to buy one anyway, pick it up next weekend.
              Nice choice, looks like one of the best all round cars on the road at the moment.

Comment

Before with stock alloys.
                Untitled by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

After with new oz superturismo's
                Untitled by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

You should turn the contrast up even further and edit in some green neon underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    Is that what you bought Brad, the AMG?
                    Sticking with the c class for now. Long term plans meant switching wasn't sensible. I would have the golf r over the AMG though, in practical terms. The AMG is a bit more thrilling but it's way expensive as someone on here commented when I looked at it.

Comment

So much better [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks really pleased with them now their on, a real bargain .

Comment

Make sure you regularly (gently) spray out the gaps between the bumpers and the front and rear side panels. There are little rubber grommets which move around and eventually wear through the paint. Dirt helps the grinding process.

Comment

The recent Uber self drive car death has had an updated report highlighting that the cars safety driver was streaming The Voice on their phone when the car killed the homeless bystander.

It's a bit of a mixed response really. There's the issue that the safety driver wasn't paying due attention so carries responsibility, but the counter side is that it'd be naïve to expect to introduce self driving cars and the expect the driver to be vigilant. This exact scenario is exactly what's going to happen in the many millions when they go mass market so it boils ultimately down to the same issue, why didn't the car see the civilian?

Comment

So picked up the Golf R this morning. Ok, it's not my usual type of thing, but having just taken it up a bunch of B-roads I think it'll be quite an enjoyable little car to own.

And I won't deny it, I like some of the fancy tech it has, especially the virtual cockpit thingumabob.

Comment

Like it [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] ... if I wanted a car with that spec the understated nature would totally appeal to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X