X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrug, it was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Think I might have a hole in the exhaust. Everyone is looking at me when I accelerate.
      Don't all subarus sound like their exhaust is broken

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Don't all subarus sound like their exhaust is broken
        Shooooosh you, their performance exhausts we’ll have you know.

Anyway what do you know Brad? You thought the new Ford Mustang handles like a barge, pffffffffffffffft, amateur 🤣.

Comment

I'm seeing how many people I can upset by displaying a lack of car knowledge

I had a rather nice looking white WRX STI approach me this morning. Didn't look too OTT. Would definitely drive.

Comment

I did a load of work on my C5 today and last week. Gave the body shell a good clean up, and the next job will be to totally dismantle the chassis, drill out the spot welds clean it all up, rust treat, anti rust coatings and fresh paint. Then it needs rewiring, brakes sorting out and new tyres

Currently the chassis looks like something from Mad Max!

Comment

There must be some awesome power ups you can do on those with current battery tech?

I drove one once. Probably doesn't need to go any faster as far as handling is concerned

Comment

Probably Li-Po batteries and all kinds. I think people run the motor at a higher setting. I'll not be going extreme with it, just fairly stock, with any improvements for operation

Comment

Nice one vanpeebles that’s certainly an interesting project you got going there. What made you get one?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Nice one vanpeebles that’s certainly an interesting project you got going there. What made you get one?
                    Massive Sinclair Uber Fan Boy!

Comment

Surely being that low to the floor any speed tweak would have you wetting your pants? It's a recumbent rocket go kart...

I'm a converted manual driver. Was against buying an automatic for decades but they make so much sense in some conditions, over here in Australia I'd say they were almost mandatory. So it's not surprising they're very popular. I guess 70% of cars here are manual?

Comment

Interceptor or Pursuit?

Comment

Took out the pre-owned Impreza for a test. Wife has come around to my thinking about leasing a new one instead.
                          We're torn between the Crosstrek and the Impreza, and going to the Mazda place tomorrow to frustrate them by not getting one either.

Comment

Crosstrek sounds grossly underpowered from what I’ve read.

Comment

It's also very small inside. For only 300USD more (base models), you'd be faaaaar better off with the legacy

Comment

Legacy doesn't have a 5-door version here, Impreza is smaller but has the 5-door version. Crosstrek has the higher ground clearance for when I have to drive through 2 feet of snow, and the 2018 model has the X-mode for winter driving. The lease on a Crosstrek Sports trim is CA$10 more that the Impreza Sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X