Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media/Gaming PC living room frontend

Howdy all,

Moving into a new place soon and one an all-in-one TV solution. I've used a bunch of emulator/gaming frontends such as Attractmode, BigBox, Launchbox, Mala etc. Bigbox seems decent enough for STEAM and emulation but doesn't have any kind of media integration. I'd like a one stop shop where I can boot my Windows PC and get a frontend that I can launch movies, games and music from. Any ideas? As games and TV/music seem to be mutually exclusive, for some odd reason.

Cheers.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Apologies I can't help.

I sense there isn't going to be a solution (glad to be corrected though) or certainly I'm not aware of one. In that Launchbox/Bigbox is really good for games, and Kodi/Plex are going to be great for local media. I'd guess you'd want to be able to switch to Kodi from Launchbox and vice versa.

Comment

There's an add-on for Kodi that allows you to integrate Steam Big Picture (it launches into Steam's Big Picture mode and exiting takes you back to Kodi), so using that and launching into Kodi at start would probably give you close to what you're after.

There's also this Advance Emulator Launcher add-on for Kodi: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826
      Last edited by MartyG; 14-06-2019, 13:13.

Comment

Cheers guys, right on the front page of BB/LB there's a link saying there is a Kodi plugin for BB, so all seems good! Cheers
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
        X