Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kurosawa Inspired Star Wars by Zack Snyder

Originally posted by Vulture
    ......developing a Star Wars project for Lucasfilm that is set within the series? galaxy, though parallel to the next trilogy. It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa?s 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers. (Go ahead, say it ? you know you want to: ? ? an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.? Felt good, didn?t it?)
    Vulture

Considering episode IV borrows a lot from Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress it's not a surprise seeing another classic getting the Star Wars treatment.

For all the poor points of episodes 1 - 3 getting to see Jedi in full flow was enjoyable. And Mr Snyder knows how to make a film look good.

Comment

Just a shame he doesn't know how to make them entertaining from the ones i've seen.

Comment

This. Will. Be. Awesome. Love Snyder SO much, and I know he can do a lot with Star Wars. Seven Samurai has been done a few times, yeah, but not like this.

Comment

I think the Watchmen and 300 were good enough, but Sucker Punch was complete garbage. If the cast and the script are decent, this could be an entertaining film. I'll go see it any way.

Comment

SuckerPunch wasn't the best but everything else was gold. Did love the direction of Sucker Punch's fight scenes though - just epic. It just lacked a meaty enough storyline.

Comment

The "Man of Steel" filmmaker is not prepping a "Seven Samurai"-style "Star Wars" offshoot, his rep tells THR.

Soon as I read this something didn't feel right and sure enough Snyder has called BS on the story. Can't imagine Disney will try anything like this till Ep IX is out the gate and WB will want to keep Snyder on retainer in case Man of Steel is the hit they hope for.

Comment

If this was true Snyder could probably make a dark bounty hunter based storyline set in the universe pretty well. Course maybe people don't want anything but a Star Wars movie about Jedi. Lucas deffinitley missed a trick by never branching out with the films when he had such a vast and rich world to play with.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 15-01-2013, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-report-412336

Soon as I read this something didn't feel right and sure enough Snyder has called BS on the story. Can't imagine Disney will try anything like this till Ep IX is out the gate and WB will want to keep Snyder on retainer in case Man of Steel is the hit they hope for.

That's a relief. The Star Wars legacy was tainted enough with the prequels without Snyder turning it in to another one of his vacuous style over substance music videos.

Comment

Working...
                  X