Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iOS recommended games and applications (Thread 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh it's quality while it lasts, each box pulls you a little bit further in.

Currently enjoying Arkanoid, paddle control is perfect with the touch screen. Also Enjoying paper titans, a nice looking & fun puzzle game.

Comment

The Room is superb. I've been playing it slowly as I don't want it to end.

Comment

Sonic 1 has been remastered for iOS, the old app was a lazy port with an unfavourable framerate. Now it's far far better and actually fun to play and offers new characters! Best of all if you already own the game it's a free update.

Sega have updated the Sonic 1 app on iOS to include playable Tails and Knuckles, saving, consistent 60FPS, time attack, adjustable controls, spin dash ability, achievements and more.

Comment

Just bought Paper Titans (on sale right now for 69p). Utterly delightful. Not terribly challenging from what I've played so far but has had me grinning from ear to ear.

I recently downloaded Sid Meier's Ace Patrol. It's a WWI dog fighting turn based strategy game. Very nicely done it is too. It's free to download which gives you access to a few British missions. The IAPs have been confusing some people on the interwebs but if you like it you can unlock more starting from as little as 69 pennies. I paid my 69p to unlock the full British campaign and haven't seen a need to unlock more so far. Online multiplayer is currently not working but the pass-and-play game works fine.

Comment

Frozen Synapse has just been released for ?4.99.

Instabuy!

Comment

Warhammer Quest. Accidentally played this for 10+ hours yesterday. It's an absolutely superb game, albeit a little easy on normal difficulty. It uses the same engine as the Hunters games but is based on the boardgame of the same name. A lot of love has gone into this and it's well worth a look. A bargain for ?2.99.

There is some additional content available as well (an additional region plus three more characters) which I will be snapping up as soon as I finish my first play-through.

Comment

Infinity Blade 2 - 69p!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Carmageddon is FREE(!) till some point on Sunday.

Comment

Xcom has just been released. The full game that's on ps3 and Xbox. It's minus a few maps to save on space and the textures are worse obviously. It's all there though, same fantastic game and for me who missed it first time round its been a great bed time game. Downside it's ?12.99. Do not play this without a power source nearby, absolute battery killer, were talking an hour of play with a full battery.

Bastion, currently 69p. Nice adventure game with constant narration throughout your adventure. I really like this. Lovely to look at and satisfying combat.

Comment

I'll be waiting for XCOM to drop in price before I purchase it. Anything over 69p is extortionate! Lol.

Limbo has now been released (?2.99) and apparently it is as gorgeous as its' console cousin.

Comment

Tiny Wings, Infinity Blade 2, Where's My Water, Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery and Badland have all just gone free...

Comment

Grasshopper Manufacture 'Sine Mora' coming to iOS http://toucharcade.com/2013/07/13/hi...ptly-vanishes/

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                            Grasshopper Manufacture 'Sine Mora' coming to iOS http://toucharcade.com/2013/07/13/hi...ptly-vanishes/
                            Out now ?3.99 says not yet optimised for for 4th gen iPod/iPhone but works fine on my 4S and 3rd gen iPad.

Comment

Discovered an awesome music game called dropchord made by the folks at Double fine, the soundtrack is bangin'. Feels very much like rez once it gets going a bargain at the price.

Comment

Anyone who bought the awesome the room get your behinds onto the app store & download the update as it gives you a new epilogue chapter with another box to unlock totally free of charge The sequel is coming & they gave away this little extra to get you in the mood.

Comment

Working...
                                X