No announcement yet.

90's Arcade Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at 2.09 was that the JAW bit from back to the future part 2 ?

Comment

It sure was I am really looking forward to this but I don't want it on a touch device. This needs to be on a real console that's not the Wii U mostly because I don't have or want one.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
        Has a very Dreamcast look and vibe to it - and i mean that in a good way :-)
        For me that is exactly how a game should look and feel in terms of the style and in terms of it feeling like you are playing a game. Probably why i loved the Dreamcast so much. Been looking forward to the 90's Arcade Racer ever since it was first announced.

Comment

Wii u is the beat console out there , your missing out on greatness.

Comment

I partially agree with Boris. I think it's overly-saturated. It's not even my rose-tinted specs doing it because screenshots of DC Daytona, for example, are much more pleasing to mine eye.

I wonder if it can be toned down of if it's just been set to maximum eye-bleed for promotional reasons.

Glad it's back alive, again. Would love it on iPad with controller support. Pretty sure my Macbook wouldn't be up to the challenge. Would be nice if they had a low-poly mode for added nostalgia and reduced playable specs

:update: just saw the video. Crikey, it's gorgeous and not as garish as the shots. Not too keen on the constant power sliding, though. I hope they were just showing off for the video because there were hardly any tricky bends.
            Last edited by randombs; 28-01-2015, 02:50.

Comment

Footage of the WiiU version:

Comment

Wii-U, piff. When is it coming to consoles that matter ?

Comment

Looks awesome!! Hijacking the thread but it reminded me about Supermodel (I think?) emulator...

Scud race works well on that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Wii-U, piff. When is it coming to consoles that matter ?
                    I don't believe a non-60fps version is in development.

Comment

It was a joke.

Comment

I thought dD's reply was, too. Or was it?

Comment

It was.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            I don't believe a non-60fps version is in development.
                            Haha best come back ever. I heard the PS4 version comes with a 7TB day 1 patch and there's a PS4 exclusive car DLC for only an extra ?100,000 on top of the original game purchase.

Comment

WHEN is this game coming out? It looks great and seems to been in development roughly for forever.

Comment

There was a big update regarding that via Kickstarter this week. To quote;

So the good news, '90s Arcade Racer will have nine race tracks across seven environments. If you remember, our original goal was to have three tracks but the extra time and delays have allowed us to add a lot more content. The original plan would have been fine, but gamers expect more content in modern games. It's also been really fun for me adding all the new content. The game releasing on console is the cherry on top!
                                And the big question, should you expect the game this year? That's still the plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X