90's Arcade Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90's Arcade Racer

Is the name of the game. This already has funds to come to various formats however its now set its sights of WiiU's eShop for later this year and is an attempt to recreate Sega's style of racers from the past.

It's utterly ridiculous that we are having to make the games we want to play ourselves now.

Kudos to the guy making the thing. It looks great.

Comment

Blue skies!!!!

Comment

Looks ugly

Comment

posted that in the kickstarter thread...i thought the footage was good but i had concerns there had not been many updates and there was not really that much to the pitch vid

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            Looks ugly
            Dont have a wii u? ;-)

Looks like scud race to me.....nice

Comment

No, but I have a PC and a tablet that can both run games higher res than a Wii-U :P

It is ugly though, it looks like California Speed or San Francisco Rush in HD, not Daytona or Scud Racer.

Comment

No, but I have a PC and a tablet that can both run games higher res than a Wii-U :P

It is ugly though, it looks like California Speed or San Francisco Rush in HD, not Daytona or Scud Racer.
                San francisco rush?

Really? Any HD pics to check a comparison.

Comment

Not got any HD pics, I think it's mostly the colour palette which is way off and all the textures seem to of been overly sharpened.

but then I can guess it is called 90's arcade racer, not Scud Racer of Daytona.

They need to tone down the textures though, it looks like it's been run through Lightroom with clarity set to 100%
                  Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-02-2013, 18:38.

Comment

You think these look the same? You have got your glasses on, yes?

Comment

I've just looked at some screenshots of Scud Racer and it looks the same as San Francisco rush. Kinda 90's Arcade looking

That HD game still looks ugly though.

It's certainly no Outrun HD

Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-02-2013, 18:54.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext
                        Scud Race?!

Comment

I've just looked at some screenshots of Scud Racer and it looks the same as San Francisco rush. Kinda 90's Arcade looking

That HD game still looks ugly though.

It's certainly no Outrun HD

Sorry dude, your way out on that one.

Comment

It's ugly.

I'm not saying it looks bad, because for a one man team it's impressive. I'm just saying it's ugly.

In the same way that I think images like this

or this

are ugly.

This one is loads better, but they need to turn out the effect that is uglying it up

Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-02-2013, 19:26.

Comment

Hang on, hang on...

Boris! You are a crazy person. You think this looks ugly? CRAZY

I agree the two shots above arent nice of the other racer (what is that?) but 90's Arcade Racer is looking very cool. Bright, colourful, interesting shapes, not too many harsh straight lines, very impactful, very striking. The visual style brilliantly captures those classic racing games i enjoyed in the arcades as a kid. It looks awesome, in my opinion. Not too everyone's tastes, certainly, but ''UGLY''?

Not really a big realistic racing fan, but I arcade racers - really excited about this :-)

Edit:

Has a very Dreamcast look and vibe to it - and i mean that in a good way :-)
                              Last edited by Adam Stone; 12-02-2013, 20:01.
                              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                              X