No announcement yet.

Steelbook Supremacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few people talking about buying xmen etc and I bet this isn't the first time they've bought the movie

Alot of the 3d versions also have a spectate release 2d counterpart

For example brave (Oscar winner) has a 3 disc 3d disc set and a 2 disc 2d set and I'm sure just a one disc set

So people who collect steelbooks will end up with the steelbook and a 3d version as well so the publisher wins

Comment

Well I would only ever buy a movie a second time if it was an improved edition to what I owned. Though I suppose buying the steelbook in addition to the normal version is a good investment, I have the skyfall steelbook, it cost me 11 quid, it's only been out a few weeks and its already going for ?40 online.

Comment

Would like to think people here dont buy them for investments

I had a buy buying up some of my boxed sets early last week who did car boots and he was telling me he bought 10 skyfalls obviously all for eBay purposes

I bought two and one was for my bond 50 set and sold the tin for ?10 plus shipping (empty)

Comment

I actually cancelled my Skyfall pre-order on the basis that I wouldn't watch it & thought the money was better used going towards my Peter Pan Boxset that I got at the weekend.

I actually don't regret it...even if I could have flipped it for more money, it's not what I do.

I still only buy films I really want or don't have on BD so I'm not double dipping (although that is a little lie...I enjoyed Sucker Punch so much I bought the DE steelbook...but I did give my Amray version to my brother, so I still only have one copy ) on Steel's just for the sake of it.

Looking at my Pre-order list I'm still tempted to cancel my Nemo Steel as I have the slipcased US version & don't really feel the need to start collecting Pixars in Steel form as well.

Neil

Comment

What is a steelbook, a metal blu-ray/DVD case?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
              What is a steelbook, a metal blu-ray/DVD case?
              Yep pretty much

Comment

I'm a fan of steelbooks, but only for the same reason I like slipcases - I think they look that little bit classy.

Weird here in Australia though, hardly any films get a steelbook release, but I grab them when I can. Only interested in Au/NZ releases though. Things will get way too expensive if I start being willing to import.

Comment

It's always been a bugbear of mine how special editions of films mess up the 'uniformity' of films on the shelf. That's why I tend to avoid them unless the extras are really special.

If someone world make a steelbook that didn't stand out like a sore thumb next to all the other films, that would be nice.

Comment

I've probably transferred about 20 films to Steelbook now, looks quite brill all lined up. Really helped me to whittle down the collection too but I'm going tk have to sort a proper storage area for them soon.

Comment

Aw, hate to be the turd in the punchbowl, but *steelbooks*???

Life is too short and too complex!

Comment

I don't see the draw either, a movie's a movie, if it comes in beautifully crafted packaging or a 2 pence plastic sleeve with the words 'you're a penny-pinching twat' on it, I don't care. I care that the movie was good. The rest is irrelevant.

Comment

As are things like house decorations 90% of the time(stones in the bathroom for example lol)....if something looks great in the package, and the difference in cost in negligible...then why not?

At least its something you are likely passionate about.

Comment

As much as i like steelbooks i much prefer digibooks. They don't get as much love me thinks and there isn't many of them.

Comment

@ PaTaito: No, I agree, if someone can propogate genuine happiness from the sight of their steelbook collection sat there on their shelf, then why not, it's their money, their shelf, and their choice. I'm not attempting to ridicule that choice, just voicing my personal opinion that it's what's inside the packaging that matters to me, I am interested in a thing's essence.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                                As much as i like steelbooks i much prefer digibooks. They don't get as much love me thinks and there isn't many of them.
                                TBH I agree with you now.

I'm getting more into Digibooks the more I see them & this mostly stems thanks to the sudden over saturation of the Steelbook market.
                                Steels suddenly seem way more common than they ever used to be & instead of being something limited to buy & collect it's more just about the cashing in a Studio can do.

The biggest problem I find with Didgi's is the lack of UK releases.

They seem to be mostly limited to the US Market & are generally really hard to find at reasonable cost so as much as I'd like to have a collection I just think it will be to hard & expensive.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X