No announcement yet.

Doctor Who: Regeneration 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, plenty casting rumours swirling again and I haven't heard a single plausible one yet. Truly, truly moronic guesswork going on.

It won't be a woman, I'm guessing unless a crap showrunner comes on board it may never be a woman and there's no need for it to be. It's like those old female Bond rumours, the only reason to do it is novelty.

They could go for a different race but I'm doubting it, my guess is it'll be someone fairly unknown in their late 30's or more likely 40's. Why? Because the show suggested as much when River met Tennants Doctor and as far as the show is currently concerned (plus the timing with Rivers storyline) he's only got one incarnation left before relooping to Tranzalore.

Comment

This weekend, the BBC will reportedly announce the actor who will play the twelfth incarnation of The Doctor in “Doctor Who”. The special program will reportedly screen on Sunday at 7pm BST on BBC1 and will be called “Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor”. It’s expected BBC America will simulcast the program. Zoe Ball will […]

BBC1. This Sunday. 7pm.

Find out who the next Doctor is.

The bookies faves are stupid choices.

Comment

55-year-old Scottish actor Peter Capaldi has scored the highly talked about role of the twelfth incarnation of The Doctor in BBC’s long-running “Doctor Who”. Capaldi replaces Matt Smith whose version is set to regenerate during this year’s Christmas special. A life long Who fan, Capaldi has previously been a part of the Who-universe. He had […]

Peter Capaldi is the next Doctor. I like the guy, he's a good actor and comes across well but despite appearing in the Who-universe already twice I need a lot of convincing that he's right for the role. Be interesting to see how he approaches it. Either way, it's a starkly different direction from Ecclestone, Tennant and Smith and ties in well with the description River gave in her first appearance of 'her' Doctor.

Comment

Need to see the outfit first. But an Oscar winner is a pretty impressive signing. Would be nice to see more of the darker stuff like the Ecclestone series.

Comment

Very good choice, should shake things up a bit. Shame he won't be Malcolm Tucker but he was pretty excellent in the Torchwood mini-series.

Comment

Bookies favs are stupid choices yet they got it bang on.

Comment

I was amazed they nailed it, given his background I didn't think him likely as he's close to given all the next few years to the show by signing. It's a hell of a commitment.

Comment

Maybe he is thinking about playing The Doctor for five years then retiring? Go out on a high after presumably earning decent money.

Comment

“Doctor Who” showrunner Steven Moffat says that he expects Peter Capaldi will “probably” keep his Scottish accent as the 12th incarnation of The Doctor. Appearing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and speaking with DW Magazine recently, Moffat says part of the reason for the hiring of Capaldi was to “flip the switch the other way […]

Moffat talks how they'll handle the new Doctor

Comment

It looks like it could be some time before we see Peter Capaldi’s first real take on The Doctor. While we get Matt Smith in the 50th anniversary and Christmas specials this year, a recent ‘power list’ in The Guardian suggests that we won’t see the next Capaldi-led season of “Doctor Who” until next Fall. […]

Series 8 may be delayed and shortened, wouldn't surprise, I mean it wouldn't be a Moffate season of the show if it wasn't scheduled in a p*** poor and selfish manner would it?

Comment

The title and runtime for the upcoming “Doctor Who” 50th anniversary special has been revealed. The 75-minute special will be entitled “The Day of the Doctor” and, as previously reported, will go to air on November 23rd. No trailer has yet aired for the one-off. Speaking of the special, actor John Hurt spoke with The […]

Novembers 50th Anniversary special is confirmed to be 75mins long and called The Day of the Doctor.

Comment

Poster has been released:

Comment

While fans thought it was dismissed with an offhand joke a few years ago, current “Doctor Who” show runner Steven Moffat says he’s sticking by the rule of continuity established on the show in the 1970s – that The Doctor only has twelve regenerations available to him. Speaking at the Cheltenham Literature Festival over the […]

Moffatt finally calls out fans for being so dumb by confirming that the 13 lives for a Time Lord rule holds. This means that until a storyline is done with a way around it Peter Capaldi plays the Doctors final regeneration when he begins next year.

Comment

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I recall that the 12 regenerations was only a Timelord rule and not a physical limit. Who is going to enforce that rule on a renegade Timelord?

Comment

I guess it depends on how it's enforced but I would assume Time Lords have 13 incarnations by default and they had a way to extend it that without the race around isn't available to him as if it was an indefinite supply River wouldn't have been able to burn hers up.

Comment

Working...
                                X