No announcement yet.

Doctor Who: Regeneration 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adventure in Time and Space was decent, not as emotional a journeyas reviews had suggested but a nice cap over the shows origins. Liked the nod 'I don't want to go'

Comment

Genuinely the best tv I've watched in years. Roll on Saturday.

Comment

Some nice touches but overall, pretty poor. Where exactly did that whole Zygon thing go in the end? Felt like I missed something.

Comment

Loved it. Damn good fun with plenty of recent nostalgia for me. The Zygon thing finished with them sorting out a fool proof piece plan.

Comment

Wouldn't want to be recording this to watch later and go on twitter. Moment by moment spoilers. I watched it but I have only really caught odd episodes of this post-McGann era so didn't have enough context I reckon. Had bits of story from seeing some episodes but not always in the right order. Still, I enjoyed this. Nice to see Who is still rocking the godawful looking aliens. Didn't get the appearance of

Baker though. Seemed out of place and there only to get Baker in but that could well be because I'm missing context.

Does that make any sense within the context of what has happened on the show over the last few years?

Didn't there used to be some sort of regeneration limit? Is that gone now?

Comment

I've just got back from seeing this at the cinema and loved it!

I've avoided all trailers so went in with little knowledge of the plot.

It was a lot more fun and witty than I expected because the end of the last episode was so dark and dramatic.

I must say that I found the 3D brilliant too. The oil-painting effect was especially cool, but everything from the falling ash in the Time War through to the glowing light in Bad Wolf's eyes all worked brilliantly.

There was a funny introductory video as the two doctors talked about the 3D. "Watch out for the big chin".

It was nice to see a decent turnout and quite a few people in fancy dress. I just regret going in a Dalek as I had to stoop down in it all the way through...

Comment

The regeneration limit still exists, Peter Capaldi will be Doctor 13 of 13 so it should feature as a major plot point for him. It was a decent ep, but more focused on tying up plot holes and masking over the RTD era than being its own thing. The cameo mentioned could have been much better handled but still nice to see, as was the tease earlier on in. Tennant was fun but arguably useless to the plot. Agree about the cinema 3D too, worked much better than I thought it would.

Comment

“The Day of the Doctor”, the 50th anniversary special of the BBC’s “Doctor Who,” has just been simultaneously broadcast around the world and is scoring a cinema release today on around 1,500 screens across the globe. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD – DON’T READ UNTIL YOU’VE SEEN IT While there were some great nods to the past, […]

Spoiler heavy of tonights ep but also has a brief teaser of the Xmas special.

Comment

I'll definitely be giving it another viewing, but I had the same issues as in that write up, that and It felt like two separate plots for me, that didn't really gel well together, the Zygon stuff was pretty naff. Just felt a bit underwhelmed, Moffat has done way better stuff. There was bits I liked about it though, and still better than most of the stuff from the RTD series.

Ultimately I was forcing myself into really enjoying it afterwards, which I didn't.
                    Last edited by Rep; 24-11-2013, 00:58.

Comment

The BBC has begun laying out its holiday programming and in the process gave brief updates on several projects. First up, the “Doctor Who” Christmas special which sees Matt Smith’s final appearance in the role. Keeping in line with last season’s finale (The Name of the Doctor), the 50th anniversary special (The Day of the […]

Some various bits but Moffat has confirmed that Matt Smith's Doctor is the final regeneration due to Tennants incarnation using one up in order to cheat death in the Series 4 finale. Therefore the regeneration limit will be addressed in the Xmas special when Capaldi takes over.

Comment

I enjoyed the special but what happened on Trenzalor?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          A big party?

Comment

Christmas....

Comment

Trenzalor is where the Doctor is dead & buried. It was in the finale of the most recent season, worth a watch if you enjoyed the 50th anniversary special as it's also a sort of celebration of the Doctor

Comment

I meant how did we get from them being on Trenzalor at the end of last season to the start of the special?

And if the Christmas special deals with those events how is it going to lead to the regeneration at the end?

Comment

Working...
                                X