Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3 can't come soon enough, 2019 for Switch is ****ing dire so far.

Comment

Well they’ve done pretty well until now they really need to keep the momentum going . They’ll be a few surprises at E3 for sure ( I’m hoping no hardware revisions )

Comment

Lowering the cost of games would help. I can't bring myself to spend £45!

Comment

Ng.Dev team will release an enhaced version of Gunlord for the Switch on May 22, for $9.99/£8.99/€9.99. The extra features include a CRT scanline filter and that has been applied to the screenshots available on Nintendo's website, making the game look absolutely terrible.
          Gunlord was originally published on the Neo Geo and Dreamcast in 2012.
          Back in 2013 there was a corwfunding campaign to bring the title to the WiiU and 3DS.

Buy Gunlord X and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            E3 can't come soon enough, 2019 for Switch is ****ing dire so far.
            If nothing interests you, perhaps a Nintendo console is not something to rush out and buy.

Comment

The first year, though WiiU port reliant, was solid stuff but it's been coasting to a stop. As things currently stand there's nothing officially pegged in at all on the schedules. It's somewhat reminiscent of the Wii days where Nintendo's complacency became toxic to the system. There are signs of trouble, though still small. It's a key note that the Switch is entering it's peak period in its lifespan now but its release schedule is the quietest it's ever been and though selling in big numbers it did miss its projections and it's not unreasonable to assume a lack of compelling key titles is why.

I'm looking forward to Pokémon and Luigi's Mansion 3 assuming the latter doesn't get bumped to 2020 but even the ports situation is getting pretty weak. Time for Nintendo to evidence how it'll maintain Switch momentum

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Ok, that maths doesn't take everything into account but the point is it should come as no surprise that it maintains a locked 60fps?
                I was a little bit surprised. This is the first time it's ever been 60fps.

Comment

But this device is several thousand times more powerful. Switch has already run much more modern games at 60fps. Games that have textures and more than 100 polygons one the screen at a time. I can’t understand how people are surprised. You you write a model 1 emulator for switch, in basic and the game would accidentally run at 1000fps and you’d have to slow it down.

I had a go on it last night though and it is really nice. It feels like the original game, like it’s basically running the original code. I think they achieved what they were after.

The lack of analog triggers is a disappointment once again though. Using the right stick for analog acceleration feels crap.

Comment

Ok, that maths doesn't take everything into account but the point is it should come as no surprise that it maintains a locked 60fps.
                    Bear in mind, a lot of 3D early games were frame rate dependent, so by going up to 60 you’d double the speed of the game. VR was like this, so fixing that requires extensive re-engineering.

This is why, for example, Saturn PAL games ran slower than NTSC ones.

Comment

Yeah it says that in the video if you watch it. Getting it to 60fps was the toughest part. Dark souls still suffered this issue. That’s solvable with programming though. The grunt is more than there. Maybe that’s what they showed surprise at though, but I expect that. Imagine releasing it at its original frame rate...

Comment

Imagine releasing it at its original frame rate...
                        If it wasn't AM2 the port would struggle to reach 30fps due to how bad it was. A lot of companies ar more interested in just dumping games on any given platform, while Sega and AM2 shown time and again they care about creating excellent ports of their old titles.

Comment

Yeah it says that in the video if you watch it. Getting it to 60fps was the toughest part. Dark souls still suffered this issue. That’s solvable with programming though. The grunt is more than there. Maybe that’s what they showed surprise at though, but I expect that.
                          That's what Asura meant by extensive re-engineering - it's solvable with programming in that M2 had to adjust the logic, animation timings, etc. It's not that it couldn't hit 60fps without such programming. It's that it would be broken at 60fps without changing the relevant code.

However, if the arcade version was originally 60fps then the Switch would breeze through it. Same goes for if they were to port the 60fps PS2 version. They probably could have used the PS2 version as the basis but in the DF video he mentions that the handling is a bit off.

Imagine releasing it at its original frame rate...
                          There's some confusion online as to whether the arcade version is 30fps or 60fps but it turns out that the 3D bits are 30fps, whereas the 2D background images move at a silky-smooth 60fps! And Virtua Fighter does this, too.

Comment

A complex issue for sure.

Comment

E3-focused Nintendo Direct confirmed for June 11th 9am Pacific / 12noon Eastern / 5pm UK BST.

Nintendo Treehouse Live! also confirmed for duration of E3, content of which TBC.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Ask [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] nicely if he isn't busy.
                                [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] Please can you help with acquiring JPN eShop currency cards/codes?

Comment

Working...
                                X