No announcement yet.

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't need a body count exactly in the sense that there is much more to a story than that but the lack of consequences has been apparent since very early on in the MCU films back with Loki, Coulsen and even that Fury fake out in Winter Soldier, which I think was cheap. Even plot points which seemingly stuck (Shield going down) had little effect. And that's one of the things with superhero comics - nothing matters. Absolutely nothing, big or small. There isn't a single plot point that won't be undone at some point (except maybe Wayne's parents and Uncle Ben but I'm willing to bet there are stories where even those have been undone).

Comment

Finally caught this at the Cinema today (really busy for a 10am working day - which probably fits in with $2bn in 12 days). Absolutely loved it. Felt like an event movie, bit like LOTR:ROTK. I can imagine this is (near) perfect for the real hardcore fans of the MCU.

I'm not the hugest Superhero fan but after I do thing some of the more recent MCU films have improved. This and Infinity War were an amazing set of films.

I did nearly go at the end. Not ET or Field of Dreams but nearly. So kudos to the film for that.

Last edited by Digfox; 07-05-2019, 23:17.

Comment

Anyone seen this more than once?

Comment

Yeah I saw it again last night. I hadn’t planned on it but I was roped into it. Missed the Liverpool game too. Anyway the three hours just flew in. Still had quite an impact even though I knew what was coming. It really does heavily lean on their explanation of time travel so past events can be altered without changing the future. Downey Jr does steal the film somewhat but he’s a good enough actor to carry it off. The girl power scene was even more cringe inducing second time around. I’m looking forward to the UHD now.

Comment

I liked the girl power scene!

I'm currently getting all the Marvel films on 3D BR and will deffo get this eventually.

In fact, there's an offer on Amazon at the minute 2 for £18.

I'll mention it in the main Marvel thread for those who haven't seen Endgame yet.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I liked the girl power scene!

I'm currently getting all the Marvel films on 3D BR and will deffo get this eventually.

In fact, there's an offer on Amazon at the minute 2 for £18.

I'll mention it in the main Marvel thread for those who haven't seen Endgame yet.
              I didn't even clock on that there was an all female scene??? is it bad that i didn't pick up on it or is it that people have been told about it are actively looking out for it, so it sticks out for this reason.

Comment

I don;t know if this has been covered before but I distinctly remember Spiderman saying "it's been 5 years".

Am I wrong?

Everyone seems to be talking about people being snapped back into existence 5 years later...

Is that established canon?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  I didn't even clock on that there was an all female scene??? is it bad that i didn't pick up on it or is it that people have been told about it are actively looking out for it, so it sticks out for this reason.
                  It’s fine. I didn’t notice either until my wife mentioned it.

It’s cringey if you think it would’ve been a normal scene with all dudes.

Comment

Yep, the snap back is 5 years later so Spider-Man: Far From Home and most of Endgame are all 2023 onwards now as canon

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      I don;t know if this has been covered before but I distinctly remember Spiderman saying "it's been 5 years".

Am I wrong?

Everyone seems to be talking about people being snapped back into existence 5 years later...

Is that established canon?
                      I think I know what you're asking and I have the same question.

Spider-Man says something like "The wizard said "It's been five years, it's time to go", so what were the other half of people doing?
                      Did it go by quickly or same time or what?

Comment

If I'm thinking of the same thing, the five years is canon and real time. Half the planet spent 5 years living in a post-snap world. When the missing half return it's been 5 years and the MCU 'present day' now takes place in 2023

Comment

I think it wasn’t five years for them, wherever they were. The way Peter describes it, it probably felt like a few seconds. Like getting knocked out.

Not that I’ve ever been knocked out, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Not that I’ve ever been knocked out, of course.
                            You got close when you kept hogging that Final Fight cab!

Comment

The snap putting everyone back five years later is screwing people over massively, surely in the five years that people have gone jobs have been filled property's have been transferred and food production has been decreased. putting that many people back with a snap creates a massive homeless/jobless/food issues. Panic buying, rioting looting and civil unrest are just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Yep, if I remember correctly the only real justification given for doing it that way is that Tony won't risk his daughter being unborn

Comment

Working...
                                X