Doctor Who: Regeneration 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who: Regeneration 02

Starting a new thread as that seems the way with massive old threads and with the Anniversary this year there's likely to be a lot to talk about from here on.

The hype machine has started for Season 7.5 later this month with the new companion fully in place.

BBC America has unveiled fourteen new photos from various episodes in the upcoming second half of the seventh season of “Doctor Who”. These include a full costume shot of the return one of the classic series most distinct foes – the Ice Warriors. Check them out below:

The Ice Warriors are one of the highlights being discussed who make their main return along with redesigned Cybermen.

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 18-12-2013, 23:51.

Doctor WhoJenna-Louise Coleman has confirmed that she is signed on to return for the eighth season as her companion character Clara Oswin Oswald. Filming on the 50th anniversary special will begin shortly. Production on the show is taking a break over the Summer, while Smith films his role in Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut “How to […]

Jenna is booked for next years Season 8 and filming starts soon on the 50th Anniversary special.

Comment

New trailers

Comment

Three full seasons and some specials – Matt Smith looks like he might be matching his predecessor David Tennant’s track record with a report today that the actor will be departing “Doctor Who” this Christmas. The Sun says that the 2013 Christmas special will be Smith’s final outing as The Doctor, during which he will […]

Rumour about when Smith will quit however it's by The Sun who are crap at Dr Who rumours

Comment

David Tennant and Billie Piper are set to reprise their roles as the tenth incarnation of The Doctor and his companion Rose Tyler respectively in the upcoming “Doctor Who” 50th Anniversary special. In a just issued press release, it has been confirmed both actors are coming back to join current Doctor star Matt Smith and […]

The big one, the 50th Anniversary special films next week and to get the jump the BBC has confirmed that Billie Piper and David Tennant will return alongside Matt and Jenna with John Hurt guesting for the special.

Comment

I wasn't all that impressed with the new episode tbh ... This series so far has been lackluster at best. Think it maybe time for them to call it a day. It has had a good run though, certainly nothing wrong with the previous series we have had.

Comment

It was ok, some nice hints about continuing themes this series.
              I liked the name of the episode, felt so stupid i didnt get it before hand!

Comment

If it's like Series 6 this run should be better when watched in one run but despite also not feeling this weeks ep was that great I do feel breaking up this series across around 9 months has hurt the flow and is a dumb move by the BBC. Hopefully Series 8 moves back to the normal pattern

Comment

I thought the episode was charming. I really enjoy Matt Smiths portrayal of the Doctor. His quirkiness always brings a smile to my face. Did I spot Tom Bakers scarf in the background of the house at one stage?

Comment

The BBC has confirmed that the Zygons are returning to “Doctor Who” for the show’s upcoming 50th anniversary special. After initially running away from old school ‘Who’ mythology to some respect, showrunner Steven Moffat seems to have had a change of heart and embraced the idea of updating some of the classic villains. Along with […]

50th Anniversary special enemy will be the Zygons

Comment

Well, for me the Season 7 finale was comfortably better than pretty much any of the somewhat disappointing series. A soft opening built up to a big ending/cliffhanger

Loved

the Doctor and post-death Rivers goodbye. I'm assuming that the grave site is literally his grave site as nothing suggested it would cease to be though I'm sure future stories will negate it a bit.

The sfx of putting Clara with the past Doctors was ropey but I appreciated the intent, especially her nudge to Hartnell. It means she's no longer tied to a particular event which means some needed life and death risk, it's been too long that the companions fates have been foreshadowed in advance meaning most eps you cared less because you already knew the outcome.

Then there's the megaton. If I'm interpreting it right Hurt is the original life of the Doctor who did something so bad the Doctor hid his true identity and it spurred the Hartnell incarnation to do what he did. If so it means Smith is actually the 12th Doctor so his next regeneration is his last...

Also means that with Smith, Hurt and Tennant the 50th special is a three Doctors affair. Hyped.

Comment

You are almost on the button, but hes the

Time war Doctor, Chris is the 10th and so on

at least thats what ive been seeing on spoiler forums.

Comment

But the Doctor has been hiding his true identity since the very first ep? And McGann is the Time War Doctor who regenerated into Eccleston, can't be that one

Comment

McGann

has shot some new stuff the other week. Let just say he is in between.

That is if the info is correct from what i have been reading on a well known Doctor who forums spoiler section. Was spot on about tonight

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X