The thread of non-news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe, yeah, that's one scenario.

The other scenario is governments take the money from the filthy rich. A few years ago society was swimming in money, now it's scarce, but that money hasn't vanished, it's simply in the hands of the filthy rich. It's time to take it back. But that won't happen as the filthy rich own the governments. It's a profoundly sick political system we all live under.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
      The other scenario is governments take the money from the filthy rich. A few years ago society was swimming in money, now it's scarce, but that money hasn't vanished, it's simply in the hands of the filthy rich. It's time to take it back. But that won't happen as the filthy rich own the governments. It's a profoundly sick political system we all live under.
      My understanding was that the money never existed. The problem we're in is due to money which technically existed being loaned to people, typically to buy houses. Or spent by the government. It never existed physically, but is part of the way money is sent digitally in vast sums.

Isn't it?

Comment

Actually the money no longer exists, it was used to buy shares that just lost their value (for example in Feb 2007 Barclay's shares were worth ?7.90 each today that's under ?3.00 and at one point it was 50p. There are roughly 12,860,660,000 Barclays shares out there, so just from Barclay's shares today we are collectively ?4.90 x 12,860,660,000 poorer than we were in 2007. That's just Barclays, one example out of hundreds, maybe thousands across the world (and we're talking larger loses in the US/Europe as some of their larger financial institutions just plain don't exist anymore).

EDIT: RBS (the one our government now owns 82% of) is even worse. From ?68.85 in Feb 2007 to ?2.98 today and there are 6,071,690,000 of those shares in issue so as it stands today RBS wiped (?65.87 x 6,071,690,000 off the face of the earth) although in 2009 that share price was ?1.21 so things aren't as bad as they were.
        Last edited by Pikate; 20-03-2013, 13:27. Reason: Too many "0"s originally

Comment

I disapprove of the direction this thread is taking.

Here is the latest info about Tulisa - she's landed in LA and she has smiled.

Pics: Tulisa beams as she lands in LA

It looked like Tulisa was ready for the Californian sunshine as she touched down in Los Angeles.
          The singer shed the layers to reveal her midriff and legs as she walked through the LAX terminal. The X Factor judge was clearly excited about her visit, tweeting 'Just landed! Oh hello LA'. And despite Simon Cowell tweeting that there are going to be changes on the X Factor, it seems the 24-year-old is not letting the uncertainty get her down.

Comment

Surely posting non news in this thread means you have read the non news in the first instance. Then taken the effort to pass the pointless information on to the rest of us.

Is that not giving credence to the non news? especially if you link it then click and read it, thereby increasing the hits of this non news horse ****? which in turn creates more non news.........

Comment

Good point!

Next time I'll just copy the link's title, thus avoiding the need to read it and getting non-news hits.

It looks like you've made it up without a link though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                My understanding was that the money never existed. The problem we're in is due to money which technically existed being loaned to people, typically to buy houses. Or spent by the government. It never existed physically, but is part of the way money is sent digitally in vast sums.

Isn't it?
                Money loaned out by banks never exists. They simply create it out of nothing. I'm too lazy to expand on that but this video explains it. As for the problem we're currently in, rather than feign understanding I must admit ignorance on the matter. I gave up watching the news years ago so my only window on what's happening in world affairs, unless I actively seek information, is via hourly, brief radio bulletins. What I do know is 1% of the population has 40% of the world's wealth. We live on a planet where thirty five thousand children die of malnutrition every day and 1% of the population has 40% of the wealth. Hmm... A fine system we built ourselves.

Comment

We used Wood for payment at one time:-

King Henry the First produced sticks of polished wood, with notches cut along one edge to signify the denominations. The stick was then split full length so each piece still had a record of the notches.

The King kept one half for proof against counterfeiting, and then spent the other half into the market place where it would continue to circulate as money.

Because only Tally Sticks were accepted by Henry for payment of taxes, there was a built in demand for them, which gave people confidence to accept these as money.

He could have used anything really, so long as the people agreed it had value, and his willingness to accept these sticks as legal tender made it easy for the people to agree. Money is only as valuable as peoples faith in it, and without that faith even today's money is just paper.

The tally stick system worked really well for 726 years. It was the most successful form of currency in recent history and the British Empire was actually built under the Tally Stick system, but how is it that most of us are not aware of its existence?

Perhaps the fact that in 1694 the Bank of England at its formation attacked the Tally Stick System gives us a clue as to why most of us have never heard of them. They realised it was money outside the power of the money changers, (the very thing King Henry had intended).

xat.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, xat.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    It looks like you've made it up without a link though!
                    Hehe. I am only messing around.

Comment

You know what would fix things? Guillotining. We start with the politicians, then the bankers, then the corporate CEOs, then the tax & finance lawyers, then regular lawyers, and we don't ****ing stop until this **** storm has sorted itself.

It worked for the French!

Comment

A moneyless society would be the ideal, but that ain't gonna happen until people rise up, so 5 years, 50 years, 200 years time, who knows.

A more realistic approach would be for governments to take charge of money production, why they sacrificed that right and handed it over to other institutions, I don't know, but they could start issuing debt-free money which would greatly reduce inflation as no new money would be needed to be created in order to pay debt. We have it in our power to create a near-paradise on Earth, where everyone has what they need, but unfortunately we're led by the stupid, the greedy, and the corrupt.

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                        We used Wood for payment at one time:-

[/B]
                        http://www.xat.org/xat/moneyhistory.html
                        Hehe. That's neat, and a fine demonstartion of how worthless money really is.

Comment

So banks are a giant Ponzi scheme (giving out more money than they have under the assumption no one will ever ask for it all back at once)? But legal and encouraged? How do I start a bank?

I never knew this stuff. What's the alternative though. This thread is so awesomely derailed.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 20-03-2013, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                            You know what would fix things? Guillotining. We start with the politicians, then the bankers, then the corporate CEOs, then the tax & finance lawyers, then regular lawyers, and we don't ****ing stop until this **** storm has sorted itself.

It worked for the French!
                            You forgot...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              So banks are a giant Ponzi scheme (giving out more money than they have under the assumption no one will ever ask for it all back at once)? But legal and encouraged? How do I start a bank?

I never knew this stuff. What's the alternative though. This thread is so awesomely derailed.

Clear 30 minutes of your day and enjoy. Starts getting interesting at 6 mins if you did not know the facts.
                              Last edited by 'Press Start'; 21-03-2013, 12:45.

Comment

Just watched that video now. It's very good. The stuff about the 'Red Shield' was news to me, as was JFK's desire and attempt to take back control of money production. Very interesting. Very suspicious. And ultimately depressing.

Comment

Working...
                                X