The thread of non-news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    Just watched that video now. It's very good. The stuff about the 'Red Shield' was news to me, as was JFK's desire and attempt to take back control of money production. Very interesting. Very suspicious. And ultimately depressing.

Red Shield = Rothschild

Over more than two centuries,[16][17] the Rothschild family has frequently been the subject of conspiracy theories.[61][62][63] These theories take differing forms, such as claiming that the family controls the world's wealth and financial institutions,[64][65] or encouraged or discouraged wars between governments.
    Last edited by Sketcz; 25-03-2013, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
      You know about Rothchilds Sketcz?

Surely the best thread derailment ever?
      Last edited by 'Press Start'; 22-03-2013, 16:48.

Comment

Iron Maiden song innit?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          Iron Maiden song innit?

made me laugh.

Comment

Love this thread getting all Ickey, I'd love to hear more about stuff like this on here, just to see how differing people's opinions are!

Current non-news on AOL:

I'm a bit of a fan of Vorders but I bet this non-newsworthy event wasn't half funny to witness - four inch heels on steps, ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
              You know about Rothchilds Sketcz?
              I know everything!

(it was a reply to Charlie who hadn't heard of them)

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                Current non-news on AOL:

I'm a bit of a fan of Vorders but I bet this non-newsworthy event wasn't half funny to witness - four inch heels on steps, ffs!
                First comment on that page: "A nose job, disguised by 'having an accident'!" some people are so cynical!!

Comment

What would be funnier is if she deliberately fell on her face so she could have a nose job without arousing suspicion.

Comment

Non-news twisted by a newspaper into sounding like something much worse than is happening in reality. Stolen from Mediawatch on F365.com:

You often don't need to exaggerate or make things up to make footballers look bad, but over the weekend The Sun tried just this trick for Carlo Cudicini.

'?40k-a-week Spurs goalie sues single mum for ?300,000,' wailed the headline.

'MILLIONAIRE ex-Tottenham goalie Carlo Cudicini is suing a single mum for ?300,000 over a road accident,' reports a Mr Andy Crick.

'The Italian star - who was on ?40,000 a week at Spurs - broke his wrist and pelvis when his motorbike collided with Jennifer Bernard's car. In a lawsuit, Cudicini, 39, claims the crash in November 2009 left him up to ?8.8million out of pocket.

'He is suing Jennifer, 28, and her insurers for ?300,000 in damages - alleging that his injuries were caused by her "negligence".'

Wow. What a bastard. Why is a greedy footballer victimising a poor single mum who, as we're told a couple of times, earns ?800-a-month working in ASDA?

Well, of course he isn't, as a line buried deep beyond the wailing explains:

'Arsenal fan Jennifer is not going to be made financially liable as part of the proceedings. But she is still listed as a defendant with insurers Aviva and Service Insurance Company Limited.'

And Cudicini confirmed as such on Twitter, saying: 'Just to clarify, I'm not asking a cent from the driver. She is not financially liable. Her name had to appear in the legal proceedings being the driver who caused the accident and therefore had to be notified. The case is being dealt by the insurance companies ONLY.'

So, his insurers are looking for money from her insurers. Which is sort of how insurance works. And sort of why the lady in question had insurance. So this is a news story about insurance.

Cripes. If the alternative was writing pieces about fairly basic administrative procedures, you can almost see why the papers started hacking phones.

Comment

This is why I don't read the papers. They are full of sheet (see what I did there?)

Unfortunately it also means I'll probably miss the announcement about the breakdown of society once the british government goes bankrupt next later this year. Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

There will almost certainly be a thread in off topic about it, maybe a week or two after the event.

Comment

"Wild pigs are invading" (Alberta) was the headline on yesterday's Calgary Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                            I know everything!
                            Everything?

Comment

Is everything going according to Seele's plans?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Is everything going according to Seele's plans?
                                It would seem so!

Comment

Working...
                                X