Playstation 2 Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papercut
    I got confirmation of the trial too - looks like they've invited everyone!
    Not everyone. I got declined

Think I must be the only one.

Comment

I received a confirmation email from them too.

Anyway, I recently sold my PAL PS2 and bought a nice JPN Aqua PS2.

I intend to mod as soon as it arrives (which should be tomorrow).

Am I correct in thinking that everything will still work (adapter, headset, etc)?

Comment

So is this finally going to mean a release of FF11 on Western shores? Apart from that and Socom, what other big guns does Sony have in it's online rollout plan?

Comment

when i was on play.com theres gonna be a wrc online, destruction derby online and everquest

Comment

Why on earth did people sign up for the trial without wishing to see it through?

I got the 'sorry mate' email yesterday, and it's annoying that some people who got accepted are saying "....actually, I can't be bothered"

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
              Why on earth did people sign up for the trial without wishing to see it through?

I got the 'sorry mate' email yesterday, and it's annoying that some people who got accepted are saying "....actually, I can't be bothered"
              I know, it is somewhat annoying.

But the email did say if people backed out, the places would be offered elsewhere so hopefully enough people will give the 'can't be bothered' line and I will get my shot

Comment

If that was directed at me, I meant I'm not much bothered about the online games announced so far, apart from Frequency/Amplitude.

I'm looking forward to Socom aswell. There isn't much exciting on the horizon though, eh?

Apart from FFXI, are there any other interesting online ps2 prospects? The only games I can think of are Auto Modellista US, Resident Evil online, Guilty Gear Online (rumour?) and maybe Gran Turismo 4. They all seem like a long way off, and may not even materialiase. Only Resident Evil Online seems really interesting, unless Capcom pull a major turn around on Auto Modellista.

Sorry to hear some people didn't make it. Does anyone know how many people the trial is being made available to?

Also, does anyone know the differences between the bba units? I know Japan got the modem and bba combined, and we're just getting the bba, but I don't know how the hard drive fits in with all of this. I thought the hard drive fitted into the same internal slot - does the Japanese online adaptor also include the hard drive?

Comment

I guess this may have been directed at me too.....

Anyway, what I mean is, sure I'm still gonna get it. It's just that there isn't much news about what we can expect from the service. I mean, Socom will be nice but you can't have just one game online to play all the time.
                  I love Moto GP to the point of serious addiction, but I still like to play CvsS2 and Recon every now and then too.

Do you know what other games I should be looking forward to?

Comment

For people who have been declined i wouldnt worry too much. Sony are pretty much guaranteed to launch the thing comercially either on the release of Socom or a few weeks after. So not that long to wait

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock
                      For people who have been declined i wouldnt worry too much. Sony are pretty much guaranteed to launch the thing comercially either on the release of Socom or a few weeks after. So not that long to wait
                      I was annoyed before because they declined to sell me something (which hasn't happened for quite a few years) and then smug, happy people were posting their apathy in the thread...

But hey, if I got accepted, I probably wouldn't buy it either, Ghost Recon on Live is amazing and I've already paid for that. And I'm only interested in FFXI coming out on PS2 Online.

Comment

Working...
                      X