Timeless XBOX (orginal) Games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    The only game on the original xbox that made me want to jump on board was the one with the cat who could freeze time.
    Blinx. It was OK but nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by grain-flavour View Post
      Come to think of it Black was a game I spent many hours on too as it has some really well designed levels.
      Good shout.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Blinx. It was OK but nothing special.
        I remember that getting hyped loads. Was meant to be amazing. As you say...it was just 'ok'. Nothing special. I'll stick to Bubsy.

Comment

As grain-flavour said already get yourself the original Outrun 2 for xbox. It's easily the best version out of them all. The controls are nicer than any other ports that followed.

Comment

Agreed the Xbox version of Outrun 2006 is definitive. Also as mentioned before, Black is one of the best examples of console fps.

Comment

Kingdom Under Fire, really enjoyed it.

Comment

Not an exclusive, but Shenmue 2 is awesome.

Comment

I love the original Xbox running in 480P( Pal games run in 480P when the machine is in 480P mode ). All the best games for it still look really nice, and often impressive.

Some of the games I like and still play:

OutRun 2006: A stunning Arcade Racer.

Rallisport 2: The best rally game ever made.

Powerdrome: Amazing future racing experience.

Mashed: Very fun top-down racer.

Panzer Dragoon Orta: Incredible

Defender: A 3D version of the old school arcade game, which looks impressive and plays well.

Burnout 2: A really nice Arcade Racer.

Burnout: Revenge: Pushes the Xbox and shows how great Criterion were.

OTOGI 1 & 2: The sort of thing you'd expect to find on the PS2, but with much better graphics.

A special mention must go to PGR2 which, despite being 30fps, played really well, and looked stunning for its time. I haven't played it for a long time, but back in the day.. it was my favourite Live game. Great memories. I'd love a HD 60fps remake, but no chance
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 29-05-2013, 19:04.

Comment

That's almost identical to my list. Not tried Otogi much though.
                    I'd add:
                    Sniper Elite - a bit mushy on the graphical front, but fully loaded on the tension and awesomeness front.

I'd also add Rallisport Challenge 2 even though it has been mentioned a few times already. It really is the pinnacle of extreme seat of the pants racing, but it needs a couple of hours of play before it really comes into its own - the better you get the faster you go and the more ragged it becomes and the better you get etc... Every weekend I'd be up till 3am playing online against the hardcore, right till the (very) bitter end when they shut down the servers. You can see why this DRM / server authentication crap on the Xbone is winding me up a little bit.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 29-05-2013, 19:40.

Comment

Nice sharing.Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X