User Tag List

Page 112 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1226
    I'd certainly like to see Spurs do to Newport what Swansea did to Notts. County last night, But I'd be happy with a win of any sort.

All three were dives. Judging from media interviews this week, Pochettino obviously instructs his players to do it and sees it as a tactic. Kane came out too and basically said "I dived, but that's football".

It's not just Spurs, obviously, there's several PL mangers and players who game the system in the same way, it's nothing new. I just wish the conversation about diving would move on, and we accept it's part of the game, and the endless cognitive dissonance surrounding 'contact/intent/entitlement' it can just f**k off for good. It's so tedious.

Sometimes you have to dive to avoid full contact and being seriously injured. HK has suffered such damage which kept him out for weeks and that's a hell of a lot worse than maybe getting a yellow card for simulation. The intention to avoid such a tackle but still being caught often leads to people saying the guy has dived and there have been what IMHO are unfair yellow cards shown to players who were trying to do just that.

HK dived but was still caught by the goalkeepers hand - it was a penalty.

Good comfortable win by Spurs v2.1 tonight and we threw away so many chances that could have made it a a real drubbing.

But OMG did anyone see the highlights of the Rochdale versus Millwall game? Rochdale's pitch looks like two thirds have had cattle grazing on it. The other third looks worse.

Not a rip-roaring exciting match but a nice straightforward progression to the next round. Great to see Lamela get his first goal since his return from injury, nice little finish after good link up play with Son.

It's a shame two of the biggest misses tonight went to Llorente, with his header going wide of one post and shot going wide of the other. He could have used the confidence boost of at least one of those nestling in the back of the net.

I think I read that they had a massive downpour of rain the day before the match against Millwall and they had to call in lots of help to get it playable (well, sort of playable ). Hopefully they won't have any more trouble with the weather and it'll be in a better condition by the time we play them.

So how we all feeling about tomorrow's game? Found myself thinking today that a win - great as all the usual 'we beat our neighbours' stuff is - would also mean 7/9 points from what looked a horrible February run....and we'd have taken that a few weeks ago.

But I think it's going to be tough and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw, actually. As much as we'll be up for it (I hope), I have a feeling Arsenal will as well. The new signings should give them a nice little lift, although I thought the same about Sanchez & Man Utd a week ago!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDA View Post
    So how we all feeling about tomorrow's today's game?
    Really excited and really sick, all rolled into one. The usual derby pre-match feelings

A well deserved win but SO close to getting punished by a last minute sting in the tail.

First half, we were the better side, but didn't really create any proper chances and Arsenal looked potentially dangerous on the counter, albeit without actually troubling us much. We were ahead on points, but 0-0 at half time was fair.

Second half we were all over them and should have scored three or four but aside from Kane's superb header, we kept passing up chance, after chance, after chance. With every chance missed, every minute ticking by, you're thinking "If they score in last minute to make it 1-1 after we should have been out of sight.........." Until the final five minutes they only had one long range shot from Wilshire in the entire half.

I think I cheered Lacazette steering his shot wide and Ozil smashing his free kick into the wall as much as I cheered our goal! We would only have had ourselves to blame if they'd nicked a point though.

Thankfully we got the three points we deserved. Up into third place for now, time to start cheering on Southampton and West Brom

Oh yes! Another good win. Sounds like Arsenal could/should have equalised but didn't and Spurs missed at least one other decent chance. But a win is a win and three more points taking us into third place and now well clear of Arsenal and above both Chelsea and Liverpool for the time being. Yay!

Now only the little matter of Juve on Tuesday and Rochdale next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
    Oh yes! Another good win. Sounds like Arsenal could/should have equalised but didn't and Spurs missed at least one other decent chance. But a win is a win and three more points taking us into third place and now well clear of Arsenal and above both Chelsea and Liverpool for the time being. Yay!

Now only the little matter of Juve on Tuesday and Rochdale next weekend.
    Replace that one with a five or a six and it'd be more accurate

The team we pick for Juve will be interesting. I wonder if Poch will do what he did with the Man Utd and Liverpool matches and go with the same eleven again and then swap everyone out for the Rochdale match, or if he'll mix it up a bit more against Juve.

I'd be more than happy to take a draw from the Juve match right now, especially if we could nick an away goal.

I was going by the instant report of the match in the The Sun online () where the headline was that Lacazette had missed two late sitters. But reading back they do say Spurs were all over Arsenal for much of the match and could have scored more.

I suspect it will be Spurs v2.1 for the Rochdale match just to rest the key players as much as anything. But what he normally does when starting with mostly second choices in key positions he includes plenty of first choice subs available in case they make a balls up of it.

Just hope they don't throw the FA Cup run away because, realistically, it is our best chance of silverware this season.