No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England game was quite a good watch and they got the draw as a last gasp after some horrendous earlier mistakes and missing very good chances. With first choice players it should be better and some of the debut and second choice players did their cause no harm as they played well despite the two results.

Pity about Wales though. I was keeping an eye on the score but when it came down to penalties you can't predict who will miss or have their penalty saved first. On this occasion it was Wales.

By all accounts Ben Davies played a real captain's role throughout which was good to hear.

Comment

The thing I always look for when I see an international team has lost a penalty shootout: did any of the Spurs players miss? So I'm glad that Ben did indeed put his penalty away, but I don't suppose that's too much comfort to him this morning.

Probably mentioned it a few times over the years on here, but I've always liked Ben Davies, you need ultra reliable and professional players like him in your squad. I think it's telling that we've had different managers of very varying styles and philosophies during his time here, and Ben has always had a decent amount of game time under all of them.

I've always thought too that he seems like the kind of player who might become a manager, and I saw a tweet from Alasdair Gold yesterday that said "Ben Davies was today awarded his UEFA A and Elite Youth A Licence. He's been working for two years towards it within Spurs' academy and can now take charge of youth teams up to the age of 18, reserve teams and professional second-tier sides. The Tottenham left-back has already said he wants to go on to get his pro licence before he hangs up his boots so he could go straight into coaching if he wants." so it looks like that's definitely an aim of his. Future Spurs manager maybe!

Yeah, the England game ended up being a decent watch. Magnificent assist from Maddison for the equaliser; right near the touchline, little space, three opposition defenders surrounding him, and his outside of the boot pass to Bellingham was perfect. I know the fanfare always goes to the goalscorer, but I think that assist deserves a bit more hoopla that it got

Comment

Yes a BD 'fan' too. Under appreciated by several past Spurs' mangers but didn't jump ship. I like that sort of loyalty and if he is going to go on eventually to a coaching/managerial career Spurs would do well to keep him.

Talking of Spurs players, in this case an ex-Spurs one, and penalties it was our favourite Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen who was adjudged to have fouled Ivan Toney giving England their penalty yesterday.
        Last edited by fallenangle; Today, 01:59. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
        X