No announcement yet.

Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone care to list a top 20ish games for the MegaDrive. Any hidden gems / import games that are great?

Comment

As long as you have Thunder Force III and IV then you’re set. A bit of Magical Flying Hat is always a good thing too…

Comment

Not exactly hidden gems, but Monster World IV and Yu Yu Hakusho (the Treasure fighter - be aware there are two YYH games for MD) are two great Jp only games. Neither are exactly cheap but then again they are not triple figures shmup stupid prices either.

Edit: ooh, just thought of another game to get - Tanglewood. New console, new game
        Last edited by samanosuke; 05-04-2019, 09:46.

Comment

That YYH game wasn't on my radar before, but a Treasure name-drop is a good way to change that

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
            Anyone care to list a top 20ish games for the MegaDrive. Any hidden gems / import games that are great?
            Alisia Dragoon
            Atomic Runner(aka Chelnov JP)
            Bio-Hazard Battle(aka Crying JP)
            Burning Force
            Dragon's Fury(aka Devil Crash JP)
            Elemental Master
            Gauntlet IV
            Ghostbusters
            Magical Hat no Buttobi Turbo!
            Marvel Land
            McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
            Mystic Defender
            Ranger-X
            Ristar
            Rocket Knight Adventures
            Splatterhouse 2

All of them are good to great. But a few are very expensive these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              Alisia Dragoon
              Atomic Runner(aka Chelnov JP)
              Bio-Hazard Battle(aka Crying JP)
              Burning Force
              Dragon's Fury(aka Devil Crash JP)
              Elemental Master
              Gauntlet IV
              Ghostbusters
              Magical Hat no Buttobi Turbo!
              Marvel Land
              McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
              Mystic Defender
              Ranger-X
              Ristar
              Rocket Knight Adventures
              Splatterhouse 2

All of them are good to great. But a few are very expensive these days.
              Thanks mate. Ill yaar them all.

Comment

I would also add, though some of these are more about them being curios or typical of the era:

Alien Soldier
                Streets of Rage series
                Golden Axe series
                TMNT: Whichever One Was For the Megadrive (the scrolling beat-em up; was pretty good in 2p)
                Ecco the Dolphin series
                Aladdin (and all the Disney games, if kids are going to play on it - The Lion King is pretty decent if kids like the film)
                Quackshot
                World of Illusion
                Mortal Kombat and II
                Micro Machines 96

I'm trying to think of a good sprite-scaler style racing game, but I never owned one back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Alien Soldier
                  Streets of Rage series
                  Aladdin
                  Quackshot
                  World of Illusion
                  Micro Machines 96

I'm trying to think of a good sprite-scaler style racing game, but I never owned one back in the day.
                  Yeah, they're all worth playing. I listed some less familiar titles that could be seen as hidden gems, as they say. I remember loving QuackShot back in the day. Sega released a cart with Castle of Ilusion and QuackShot on the same cart in PAL-land.

The best racing game on the Mega Drive is Top Gear 2, which only got a US release. It's a bit better than the Lotus games released in PAL-land.

I think OutRun 2019 is reasonably good, so worth a go. It's exactly like racing down a highway in 2019.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-04-2019, 08:32.

Comment

I would add,

Alien 3.
                    Undeadline.
                    Super shinobi.
                    Steel empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      The best racing game on the Mega Drive is Top Gear 2, which only got a US release. It's a bit better than the Lotus games released in PAL-land.
                      I never even knew this existed, how does it compare to the SNES version?

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                        I never even knew this existed, how does it compare to the SNES version?
                        It runs a bit better than the SNES version, but you can't have sfx and music at the same time, unlike on the SNES

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                          Thanks mate. Ill yaar them all.
                          You’re out of touch, mate. Pirates don’t talk like that no more.

Comment

That’s not a pirate, this is a pirate...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                I hate it when companies pull that crap, it’s false advertising. One of the reasons i’ll Never use nin nin games again as they pull that trick where they say they have it in stock when they don’t. It’s just a scummy way of getting your money up front.

The problem with analogue is they have people gushing on YouTube about them so they think they can get away with the crap they are pulling.
                                A lot of those YouTubers need to make it clear they were sent free copies, else they are breaking FSA and ASA rules. Which is the one of the problem with these devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X