No announcement yet.

What MP3 player do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sony are XBA4 or summink. You can get them for ?320 if you box about.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
      8GB Sandisk Sansa Clip +, with a 16GB MicroSD card and flashed with Rockbox. Cheap, compact, good sound quality and has expandable storage. It also mounts as a removable drive on my PC so I can copy/paste new music instead of mucking around with proprietary software clients. Apparently it also supports FLAC playback, which will be great when I get around to re-ripping all of my CDs again.
      Ok, this looks quality in terms of battery life and storage.

What's navigating the mp3s like? - in terms of skipping through the library on the move?

I have 2GB of music and the speed doesn't increase when you skip tracks - sometimes I don't bother even jumping tracks if they're too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        No divvy, this Ooh La La.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Bought the 8 gig Sansa Clip +.

Comment

I've never been able to use my phones for music because I'm usually away from a source of charging it and with modern phones and their horrendous battery life it leaves me with little choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Bought the 8 gig Sansa Clip +.
              Sansa Clip arrived today but the packaging is practically made of teflon! trying not to break the thing while removing all the plastic!

Comment

My 10 year old Sony MZ-RH10 mini disc player, battery lasts maybe 10 hours. It's not technically an MP3 player, but the discs can store MP3s so, yeah. It's been a solid performer over the years and being able to play all my music in 1411 kbps wav format on the go is ideal for an anal audiophile like myself.

Comment

Too late to the party, but I would have recommended what you got. It's freakin amazing. Battery goes on FOREVER. Also the battery doesn't seem to drop when you leave it. Come back 2 months later and it'll still have plenty of juice. It sounds brilliant, especially with FLAC files. Get yourself a massive microsd.

Also I flashed it with Rockbox so it has a few more features - I'm told you can remove this but I have never tried - attempt at your own risk etc.

Only thing to be aware of is that they can be a bit picky about how you disconnect them from your PC. I always press the systray button for "remove device safely" just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Opened. I had to get use my tool kit to get the thing free - no joke!

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Get yourself a massive microsd.
                    How much extra storage do you have?

Comment

3 bajillion GB (32GB)
                      If you are using FLAC, you can never have too much. If you are using MP3 I guess you can get away with 32GB for a lot of music.

You can get fast 64GB cards for not too much money now. Best check that it works with SDXC though first. It definitely works with SDHC.

My FLAC collection is around 200GB now for 400+ albums so I'm a fair way off getting a card I can get the whole lot on. Give it 2 years maybe
                      Last edited by charlesr; 30-05-2013, 18:50.

Comment

The Sansa clip is a beast!

3 days solid use at full blast. Remarkable.

I'm liking the menu navigation and the speed of the fast forward - miles better than the zen.

Kit recommends.

Comment

120GB iPod Classic
                          iPhone 4S
                          1GB iPod Shuffle 1st gen(for bedtime music or when cleaning/tidying)
                          1GB iPod Shuffle 2nd gen(red one and silver one, also for bedtime music or when cleaning/tidying)

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          The shuffle is a pure Faces/Rod Stewart device.
                          What's the 4th gen Shuffle's sound quality like?

I've never understood this talk of sound quality difference between MP3 players as I've never spotted any obvious differencesw between the players I've owned using different headphones/earphones but I have noticed a problem with my 2nd gen Shuffles. When listening to music at low volume at night I can hear lots of static, similar to what a typical unshielded PC desktop/laptop soundcard would produce(my Macbook doesn't do this) and I also hear this when connecting to a hifi(just like with a typical PC). If I turn the volume up it's fine but I've never heard it with the 1st gen Shuffle or my iPods/iPhones. I assumed it's because of how tightly packed everything would be compared with the 1st gen Shuffle.

Comment

The first iPod I had (late 2004 model) was absolutely horrible to listen to - no low end bass at all. I don't know if they fixed it, but before I experienced this I also thought "how different can they be". (Before you ask, no, it wasn't the headphones that were the problem).

Comment

I used to have a Joybee mp3 player which sounded so much better than iPods at the same bitrate. Interface was dreadful though.
                              Then I moved to the SansaClip+ because it plays FLAC and the improvement over MP3 plus decent headphones amp opened up a whole new world of lush portable music.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                The Sansa clip is a beast!

3 days solid use at full blast. Remarkable.

I'm liking the menu navigation and the speed of the fast forward - miles better than the zen.

Kit recommends.
                                Ack, I didn't see that you'd replied to my post in this thread. Really glad that you're liking the Clip, though!

Comment

Working...
                                X