No announcement yet.

What MP3 player do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly notice the difference between CD and MP3 so will give it a whirl.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Blasphemy! Brothers in arms should be played on vinyl!
      In a perfect world...if only i had the space for a vinyl collection.

Then again i could get that warmth by listening to my music through a tube amp, but i don't rate them.

Comment

I find the notion of adding warmth to a recording to be self defeating. Audio playback is about reproducing the performance as the musicians wanted you to hear it as accurately as possible. Clinical reproduction is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Blasphemy! Brothers in arms should be played on vinyl!
          I remember hearing Dire Straits on vinyl. When I was young my parents were really into music and had tons of vinyls. We got our first CD player some time in the 80's(Marantz, I think. Or maybe Technics).

I'd choose nostalgic feeling over warmth/other quality enhancements so, for example, on vinyl I like: Dire Straits; Michael Jackson (up to Bad); Marillion. But on CD: Fleetwood Mac, ABC, Pet Shop Boys.

I've never heard those CD bands on vinyl but I've heard the vinyl bands on CD. Space is the issue so I make do but the memories are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I find the notion of adding warmth to a recording to be self defeating. Audio playback is about reproducing the performance as the musicians wanted you to hear it as accurately as possible. Clinical reproduction is the way to go.
            My view is that I like music to sound pleasing to my ear. Mostly that means clinical reproduction but sometimes the ritual of playing vinyl make the whole thing more enjoyable. I'm not saying vinyl is better than CD or other digital, just that I like playing it occasionally. Brothers in Arms is beautifully pressed too (always a worry when buying vinyl).

Comment

Working...
            X