What MP3 player do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What MP3 player do you use?

What are you using and what sort of battery life are you getting longevity wise?

I'm currently using a 2gb Creative Zen stone (yes it's old but I like it!). Only problem is the battery life (noticing a theme with my recent threads? ). It's about 5 or 6 hours which I think is crap. The first gen one (1GB creative Zen) lasted for 20 hours straight - I've yet to find one as good with a larger capacity ergo the thread.

I've been checking out the newer ones but most have video screens (waste of bloody battery life).

Need ideas!

I have a Sony X-Series from roughly 2008-2009. But ever since I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 I've been using that as my MP3 player instead. I haven't sold the Sony yet though, in case I find smartphone battery life to be a problem.

Comment

An Iphone 4. Not sure exactly what battery life I get from it for music as I'll usually be using it for various other things all the time too, but if it's in my pocket for an hour and a half on the train just playing music, the battery hardly goes down at all, maybe one or two percent.

Comment

A Generation 4 IPod Shuffle. 20+ hours easy but tied to iTunes which is crap. I'm sure others swear by a Sansa clip

I prefer my little shuffle though

Comment

IPod Classic. Does the job

The iTunes tie in is a PITA mind.

Comment

8GB Sandisk Sansa Clip +, with a 16GB MicroSD card and flashed with Rockbox. Cheap, compact, good sound quality and has expandable storage. It also mounts as a removable drive on my PC so I can copy/paste new music instead of mucking around with proprietary software clients. Apparently it also supports FLAC playback, which will be great when I get around to re-ripping all of my CDs again.

Comment

Samsung Galaxy Note. Flac files.

Comment

I have an ancient 80GB iPod in the car and use an iPhone 5 the rest of the time. Light with a good battery life will play tunes all day. I use lossless for best quality. And it's a music player that plays Cave games!

Comment

iPhone 4S for normal use and an iPod Nano (fatboy version!) used in the car.

I've no problems with iTunes however (maybe coming from Sony's SonicStage Minidisc software anything seems decent).

Comment

I've got two iPhone 5's and an iPod Shuffle. I use one iPhone 5 for apps, and the other purely for music. The shuffle is a pure Faces/Rod Stewart device.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 24-05-2013, 16:58.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

LOL you have a dedicated iPod for Rod Stewart J0e? That is awesome.

I use my iPhone 4, mostly listen to artists I follow on Soundcloud rather than downloaded MP3s. However it is quite literally falling apart so I really need a new phone. Plus the Soundcloud app crashes the whole time, presumably because of the relatively puny amount of RAM.

Comment

Yes. I had it personalised with a line from Ooh La La.

photo.JPG

I've got those Bose MIE2i headphones that I use with them. I've got some ?350 Sony la-de-da ones too, but I prefer the Bose, as they have that special earpiece, that can't fall out. Ever.
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 25-05-2013, 12:04.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Joe, Sony MDR-1R headphones by any chance?

I've been eyeing up a pair of those for a while but can't find them for a decent price.

I use my Sony Xperia Z for music. The main issue is that, due to the seals to keep it waterproof, you have to uncover the headphone Jack every time.
                          Last edited by teddymeow; 24-05-2013, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            Yes. I had it personalised with a line from Ooh La La.

Comment

I've been using these since last summer. Great sound, light, comfy and very well built. The wire can be replaced as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X