No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean there is no single player story campaign.
    You can play single player with bots.

Comment

An in-game engine cutscene-esque trailer released:

Comment

If it actually looks that good in-game then this could be something really special

Comment

"NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY".

So yeah, it will look that good in-game, on a PC.

Comment

that doesn't look much better that BF4 of ps4, the only thing better is the lighting(probably pre-baked) and as this isn't hung up on the 360/Ps3 maybe they can push better looking frostbite game with less destructible environments, as I would serious doubt them making every large tree in the forest destroyable like it would have been in BF.
            Last edited by Tobal; 18-04-2015, 09:22.

Comment

So I'll see you online then Mr Tobal

Comment

maybe not 1st couple of weeks/months based on my experiences with BF4 release, we'll see.. the talk of heavy DLC content might put me off altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  An in-game engine cutscene-esque trailer released:

<Insert drooling smiley here>

Wow. Just, wow. Could this be the year Star Wars fans genuinely get treated well?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    maybe not 1st couple of weeks/months based on my experiences with BF4 release, we'll see.. the talk of heavy DLC content might put me off altogether.
                    Retail here is a whopping $79.99. I pre-ordered several E3s ago for $39.99
                    Premium membership fee on top day 1 is fine by me. I will quite happily play what I can and give you guys feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY".

So yeah, it will look that good in-game, on a PC.
                      They already stated it was the PS4 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        <Insert drooling smiley here>

Wow. Just, wow. Could this be the year Star Wars fans genuinely get treated well?
                        Seeing as that was a cut scene rendered on about 10 high end graphics cards (speculation) I wouldn't hold your breath.

It's just a c""" tease guys, don't be suckered in again.

Comment

At least let me have hope for five minutes before pissing on my chips fishbowlhead. I bet you run around the houses at Christmas in your town telling all the kids under five that Santa isn't real.

Comment

looks amazing, the only thing that worrys me is this is EA and they are hardly prenowned for having the servers up in a workable fashion when games are released.

one can only hope i guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              At least let me have hope for five minutes before pissing on my chips fishbowlhead. I bet you run around the houses at Christmas in your town telling all the kids under five that Santa isn't real.
                              I distribute panflets each year detailing how their parents buy it and put it under the tree and the physics of how Santa couldn't posisibly exist and visit each child

Comment

That trailer does look awesome, but it reminds me of something I remember about the original that I hope is fixed.

The original Battlefront was a fun game, but ultimately it was quite limited. You played it for the Star Wars experience, but there was a limit to how good you could be at it. Battlefield, Planetside 2, there's actually a lot of depth to these games and you really know it when you see someone who's that good, but Battlefront had nowhere near that level of depth.

Hopefully this is the main area they've improved. Visually they've raised the bar, but that's what I expected anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X