No announcement yet.

Killer Instinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't fret. You'll be able to buy a season pass for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Don't fret. You'll be able to buy a season pass for it.
      Still though, I'd rather just have an entire f'ing game to play. Jago vs. Jago online is going to get old pretty fast.

Comment

What if he has a 100 hit combo?

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
          Well I actually had some interest in Killer Instinct, until MS decided to milk it. Seriously, any good will they manage to gain they find another way to absolutely destroy it.

Basically it's a Day one digital download, with ONE CHARACTER

It's a cash spinning after thought. Nothing else.

Original article
          Hhaha! The one game people were creaming their pants for when that MS conf was on and they've even spoilt that. Well done MS.

Comment

That is hilarious about KI.

Sounds like the Vita RR bull****.

Comment

Microsoft's version of Drive club, moving straight into the next gen with DLC coming out of our ears.

Looks Bobbins though, I've never played Killer Instinct so this doesn't excite me one bit.

Comment

If you are a Killer Instinct fan, you will be weeping as Double Helix are a truely **** developer who murdered the Front Mission series with the awful EVO game. Now they get to do the same to Killer Instinct, video looks totally ****, graphics look better in the first game, R.I.P. KI you will now have two awful sequels.

Double Helix just destory classic games, Slient Hill Homing any one? Slient Hill, Front Mission and now Killer Instinct who can they butcher next?

Comment

Are you all smoking crack or something?

The only 'depth' Killer Instinct had was working out all the glitches and bugs for infinites and the like after you'd got down the main combos. It was quite fun, but... As a serious fighter it was extremely sub-par. Top notch presentation like, but not much else.

I had the cab at one point, but only because Cranky Kong had one, and I'd intended to get other JAMMA boards.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 11-06-2013, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Are you all smoking crack or something?

The only 'depth' Killer Instinct had was working out all the glitches and bugs for infinites and the like after you'd got down the main combos. It was quite fun, but... As a serious fighter it was extremely sub-par. Top notch presentation like, but not much else.

I had the cab at one point, but only because Cranky Kong had one, and I'd intended to get other JAMMA boards.
                    Yeah, but it's not always how hardcore a game is - it can just be about the fun factor which KI had at the time and still does. At the same time it's not entirely devoid of skill.

Comment

Naw, Fallows is pretty much right.

Killer Instinct was just downright broken. The Thunder combo at 8:43

Worth watching the vid for the Decisive Battle (Final Fantasy VI) remix.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                        Killer Instinct was just downright broken. The Thunder combo at 8:43
                        A lot of those glitches were fixed in later ROM revisions, but it's correct that some of them took skill to pull off.

I loved these games back in the day, probably because they were more accessible than most other fighters around at the time and the presentation and technical artistry was second to non. Not having Rare do it themselves is a crushing blow though. I bet the folk at Rare would have loved to do it themselves too. Anything must be better than having to work on Kinect ****e.

It's all immaterial anyway as I won't be buying an XbOne, regardless of what games get released on it. Not while Microsoft persist with draconian DRM.

Comment

Not adding fuel to any fires btu this makes for some quick interesting reading:

Key point near the bottom is this (from IGN):

Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).

Is this the start of a new trend? With Xbox Live Arcade vanishing into the greater Games Marketplace, perhaps free-to-play is the new trial version, and you'll nickel and dime your way to a more complete version. Hopefully trials of some sort will still mandated so players can try out everything as it hits Xbox Live.
                          Depends on the cost of additional characters. Could be alright.

Comment

Looking back on Killer Instinct's character designs is... more than a little cringeworthy. I'd be willing to pick this up and play it though, but pushing it as a F2P game does not fill me with confidence. Even if by some miracle it does end up being not ****, I can't see it getting supported by the FGC because of the 24 hour online check-in imposed by the console. It'll make offline tournaments an absolute nightmare, if not an impossibility outright.

Comment

Santa Monica-based guy named Maximillian's impressions of play from local arcade setup test in LA:

Comment

Max's breakdown has me pretty interested and it's kinda F2P - wonder if I can snag a 2nd hand Xbone on launch....

Nooooooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X