No announcement yet.

Killer Instinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen that Maximillian guy somewhere before, think he made a video about Xbone DRM (who hasn't made one?)
    He seemed very enthusiastic about Killer Insticnt, which was surprising.

Comment

Yeah I subscribe to Max actually he's passionate about his fighting games and makes great content if your into fighters

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        The only 'depth' Killer Instinct had was working out all the glitches and bugs for infinites and the like after you'd got down the main combos. It was quite fun, but... As a serious fighter it was extremely sub-par. Top notch presentation like, but not much else.
        Most of the infinites were by design, but that's what a combo breaker was for, any good player would just break out of a combo. A feature many of the modern fighters lack and which is why many are just tottally broken. As if you can't escape a combo you are just screwed.

Who cares if the FGC support its, most tournaments are just filled with boring cheap players. That said the F2P and Xbox One DRM will kill this game dead, I'll be amused if it gets more than about 8 characters released for it. That and the fact it will be rubbish with Double Helix making it.

I'm with bcass on this one I have no interest in playing any XBone game, with the current DRM on the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
          Am i the only one who thinks graphically it looks like ****?
          Same. It looks rough even for a 360 game.

Comment

It looks a lot better in that Maximillian video than the official videos for some reason. He states this fact himself actually. Maybe they've done more work on it since making the trailer. I don't like that Jago design though, far too generic. I still think the designs in the first game still look the best in the series.

I reckon there's a market for this, probably 30-somethings who have fond memories of the original arcade games. Both arcade releases were huge back in the day. Hopefully they've got more brains than to buy into Microsoft's ****ty DRM. Sites are reporting it as being co-developed by DH and Rare so if nothing else it won't be lacking technically.
            Last edited by bcass; 11-06-2013, 18:47.

Comment

I really do think KI sounded cool from Max's vid - that really could tempt me... Look forward to reading more impressions and see what M$ have day one for it...

Comment

"We wanted to do something disruptive," Microsoft producer Torin Rettig told me as people played the new Killer Instinct near us at a Monday night Xbox One showcase tied to E3. "We wanted to do something that took into consideration how most people play fighting games. Most people who play fighting games aen’t even going to play half the characters. Why not let them play the characters they want?” Each character other than Jago can be purchased individually. Players will be able to buy bunches of characters at a better value.
                Tekken isn't the only major fighting game series with a sequel that starts off costing nothing. The Xbox One's launch day fighting game Killer Instinct will also be free. You'll get one character, Jago, to play against anyone.

Comment

The music is awesome.

Comment

How would you know which characters you like if you can't play but one?

Comment

The game will use Kinect for voice commands to switch options in the game’s training mode. This removes a lot of menu navigation.
                      Jesus wept.

Comment

Also, is there even going to be a 1-player mode? Do any of the other F2P fighters have 1-player modes?

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                          How would you know which characters you like if you can't play but one?
                          WE HAVE A WINNER!

This is EXACTLY what I hope bites them in the arse, I mean how the HELL can you even gauge how the character plays if you only have 1 character to select? Only thing they can do is allow, I can't believe I am even saying this, a free 1 match trial for each character.

Comment

it will depend on price I guess. If the download is free and the complete character pack is ?15 that's not too bad... The download is almost like a demo and you can then decide what you want....

With a game like KI it's kinda safe too - they know who their pandering too...

Comment

Whoa...is this guy for real?

Comment

bah, watching a stream hosted by Mad Catz for KI and it seems to be getting really good feedback, players there seem to be enjoying it quite a bit...

Also there was in interview in there, where the developer said only the demo is free to play... (so will we have to pay for demo's now??) there will be a number of SKU's including a digital collector's edition...

Lord know's what's actually going on, but it does look very cool and I can't deny I am kinda tempted...

Comment

Working...
                                X