No announcement yet.

Killer Instinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering, the info about there being three stages. I wonder if that's just related to Season 3's launch and more will hit as the Season progresses. Still seems weird to have so little launch info this late on.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      I was wondering, the info about there being three stages. I wonder if that's just related to Season 3's launch and more will hit as the Season progresses. Still seems weird to have so little launch info this late on.
      Been confirmed on the forums will just be three stages...and we know of kim wu and the arbiter stage so my guess for the third will be Tusk,

Reason being according to videos i have seen and what they have said Stages and the characters are the two most expensive things to make so they decided to prioritize so no more then three. From whats being talked about seems like characters will still have there own music so i guess there will be a music track selection as well.

Dunno why it bothers me as much as it does though, when the new characters come it will just feel odd them not having stages and it would make me feel the game is incomplete. But i guess if it means more characters and modes and the graphics polish of the game i will accept that

Comment

The graphics update offsets it a bit, I tend to feel that a lack of backgrounds is a bit of a cop out in fighters. For KI it makes me assume that the budget has been cut for Season 3 or having to share resources to work on the PC version stretched them too far. I find that backgrounds are one of the highest priorities as if you're going to play a game that is almost a static screen for many hours you need something to break the feeling that you're staring at the same image. I'd happily buy a Stage Pack as DLC.

Comment

The graphics update offsets it a bit, I tend to feel that a lack of backgrounds is a bit of a cop out in fighters. For KI it makes me assume that the budget has been cut for Season 3 or having to share resources to work on the PC version stretched them too far. I find that backgrounds are one of the highest priorities as if you're going to play a game that is almost a static screen for many hours you need something to break the feeling that you're staring at the same image. I'd happily buy a Stage Pack as DLC.
          Yeah knowing that six or so characters will not have stages will make the game feel incomplete to me if they are adding loads of xtra stuff though i would be happy

Also the arbiter trailer will be shown again this wed and will have a teaser at the end, i am hoping for tusk but he is the last returning character (unless eyedol and gargos come back) so i would imagine given they have shown already a returning and two guest character it will be a new one.

Comment

The teaser at the end was awesome

Comment

http://www.ultra-combo.com/killer-in...son-3-details/ A lot more information now and season 3 release date is march 29th and for the PC

Last edited by eastyy; 01-03-2016, 16:41.

Comment

All over it. Wish it was coming to Steam also, restricting its release only hurts the chances of it doing well enough to ensure Season 4.

Comment

All over it. Wish it was coming to Steam also, restricting its release only hurts the chances of it doing well enough to ensure Season 4.
                  I really think there will not be a season 4 as i seem to recall there mention of season 3 being the limit, but there may be some additional DLC later on as they have done votes for what people would want in the forums.

I like the way tusk seems to play but something just looks a bit off with the way he looks, i hope it is just like with kim wu he is unfinished.

In just over a hour and a half there is a more in depth arbiter stream http://www.twitch.tv/killerinstinct

Comment

Another two fighters have leaked, I think that's 6 of 8 known now.

Mira

General Raam from Gears of War

Comment

Interestingly as well, unless we get a double whammy for a finale it looks like we won't be getting Eyedol and Gargos

Comment

Yeah i am suspecting will just be Gargos as Eyedol was not looked upon with great love from ken.

I dunno though while i am still looking forward to season 3 and i am sure the characters will be great i am seeing it as the guest character season which feels a bit gimmicky.

Comment

Working...
                        X