Killer Instinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer Instinct

Didn't see a dedicated thread so figured I'd start one.

Was thoroughly surprised and excited Microsoft resurrected this (with assistance) but good to see one of the best Western fighters is back in business.

Firstly, trailer:

Game is being developed by Double Helix (in coorporation with RARE and Microsoft as publisher).

The blurb on DH's website suggest that a 'core' roster will be released with the game and additional fighters will be added on a monthly basis thereafter (can I smell DLC in thed air already?)

Still, its a revamped KI for the upcoming generation. About bloody time!

Dedicated website for the upcoming title

Not much information to be had just yet but we've got a remix of the classic theme so far so that will keep us going I suppose.

Also a mini combo vid for Jago with his overhaul:

Enjoy
    Last edited by Paddy; 10-06-2013, 23:58.

Comment

Am i the only one who thinks graphically it looks like ****?

Comment

I think it looks amazing. It also think it looks like it plays like the original, which isn't good.

Comment

Fireball particles =

Comment

Killer Instinct was an old, loud and proud fighter with fun depth if that makes sense....

I think the new one feels close enough to the old-skool ones and also looks nice too (imo)

My problem now is, I must ignore it else, I'll end up with a Xbone and shout at my TV...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
              Killer Instinct was an old, loud and proud fighter with fun depth if that makes sense....

I think the new one feels close enough to the old-skool ones and also looks nice too (imo)

My problem now is, I must ignore it else, I'll end up with a Xbone and shout at my TV...
              Exactly my thinking.

Luckily Quantum Break doesn't look to be a launch title.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Exactly my thinking.

Luckily Quantum Break doesn't look to be a launch title.
                To be fair I don't think KI is either, they would have confirmed a la Ryse...

Comment

Looks like a bad SFIV/MK 9 rip off. Where is the distinguished visual style of the older games. Looks generic.

Comment

I wouldn't be gagging to get it but it made me smile, then I saw who was developing it. Pass.

Comment

I was expecting a new Banjo Kazooie since it's the 15th anniversary this year, poor show.

Comment

This is simply MS cheap attempt at snagging a few hardcore. Release an old Rare game updated and they will love it. Pity it was never that good a game in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                          Am i the only one who thinks graphically it looks like ****?
                          No, you're not. The art style is horrible too.

Comment

When The good fighting games are struggling, Capcom only turning profits with street fighter via dlc, cut price rrp, downloads or free to play models taking over, to name just a few problems this genre is faceing today. If you take this all into account I really don't see how this will stand up in today's marketplace. A few ros? tinted views of an ever decreasing hardcore are not going to transform into sales.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 11-06-2013, 11:53.

Comment

Well I actually had some interest in Killer Instinct, until MS decided to milk it. Seriously, any good will they manage to gain they find another way to absolutely destroy it.

Basically it's a Day one digital download, with ONE CHARACTER

Originally posted by IGN
                              Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).
                              It's a cash spinning after thought. Nothing else.

Original article

Comment

Working...
                              X