No announcement yet.

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great News like the fact that the Pal version looks nice too and based on the Japanese desgin. Konami doing some good stuff at the mo IMO

Comment

Love this!
      Always loved the white version.
      Never had a PC Engine.
      Still looks cool now, IMHO.
      The Core Grafx has autofire though.
      If it is hackable, only two buttons is going so suck for anything other than the 8-Bit consoles.
      But I love this!

This is the current loop my brain is having about this.

Comment

Thing is if people want to hack and turn it into a multi machine console they might as well have gone with a pi. With pce been pretty popular in japan I’m wondering how hard it will be to get a preorder before the Japanese scum resellers get hold of them like they did with the md.

Comment

So it's not a mini then... ��

Comment

Why is the European one the Core Grafx? It doesn’t make any sense as it was never released here. Europe got the US version in very limited numbers. It should be the black one.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Thing is if people want to hack and turn it into a multi machine console they might as well have gone with a pi. With pce been pretty popular in japan I’m wondering how hard it will be to get a preorder before the Japanese scum resellers get hold of them like they did with the md.
              Easy enough. You can still pre-order the MD Mini now.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Easy enough. You can still pre-order the MD Mini now.
                In the uk yup they are easy to get as they have yet to sell out but in japan Not for retail cost you can’t, all of amazon Japan’s were sold out, all that’s left now are marketplace sellers with ripoff prices. Amazon did release a small second wave of preorder but all those are gone now and it’s back to stupid prices.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  In the uk yup they are easy to get as they have yet to sell out but in japan Not for retail cost you can’t, all of amazon Japan’s were sold out, all that’s left now are marketplace sellers with ripoff prices. Amazon did release a small second wave of preorder but all those are gone now and it’s back to stupid prices.
                  £66.44 at Nin-Nin for the single controller version before shipping. That’s not a bad price. A good chance of avoiding Customs tax with those guys too.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I suppose, in a way, I've got one of these already:

My Pi-Engine - https://www.flickr.com/photos/773779...posted-public/

Broken Guts - https://www.flickr.com/photos/773779...posted-public/

Front End - https://www.flickr.com/photos/773779...posted-public/

I sourced a broken Core Grafx from ebay (always like this grey colour the best). I paid £35 for it, gutted it & then resold the parts for £30 back on ebay. I then added a Pi 3B+ & a suitable retro front end. Finally I superglued in an old cart with some fab japanese art onto the top.

My 8-Bit Do Pad isn't quite as sexy but I bet I've got more games than the official one
                    Last edited by paulus; 12-06-2019, 17:34.

Comment

I feel releasing three different-looking variants is a direct attack on schmucks like me who'll inevitably want the lot.

Definitely have some questions about who'll actually be doing the work under the hood, but have decent hopes these will turn out quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Why is the European one the Core Grafx? It doesn’t make any sense as it was never released here. Europe got the US version in very limited numbers. It should be the black one.
                        I suspect most europe, or uk at least people who know of PC Engine, arent aware of the pal Turbografx. Do you have a link for the nin-nin preorder?
                        Last edited by Baseley09; 12-06-2019, 19:03.

Comment

How big is this thing? I had the PC Engine and the Core Grafx back in the day and they're already tiny...

Comment

I hope the packaging is as awesome as the original.

Comment

If this is going to have CD based titles on it as well, I’d have much preferred a mini Duo-R/RX…

And if Winds and Gate of Thunder aren’t on there I think Konami may actually be breaking the law somehow.
                              Last edited by _SD_; 12-06-2019, 21:28.

Comment

Way ahead of its time with the size and hu cards and th GT was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X