DCU: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCU: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I can add a link later as I'm on my phone but its widely reported.

David S Goyer is now said to have signed on to put together Man of Steel 2 and the Justice League films. Zack Snyder is also signed on to direct the Superman sequel.

The film is being fast tracked meaning a likely release in 2015 or 2016
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-04-2015, 17:16.

It's very early days but summer 2015 is being banded about the net thanks to the success if the current film and lack of other DC properties on the go. The film is set to lead in to the emergence of heroes in the world and then Justice League the following year allowing Warners from that point to hit the public hard with a range of films based on its characters. That would also kind of fit in with those loose rumours of Batman returning in 2017

Comment

It will be Weird if they make a justice league film before the batman reboot. I know everyone knows the character, but if the new superman films are the only lead in to the justice league, then all the other characters will feel like throwaway superman spin offs. I don't think it will work.

Comment

I'd much rathet they built up to JL too, WB seems intent on it though. A shame as I'm not sure they'll have time to cover everyone enough.

Comment

Yeah. It's not ideal at all, but I guess the only way to jump Stright into the Justice League from Man of steel 2 would be to have a series of scenes at the start of the film that introduce the characters one at a time and have superman gathering everyone up. Probably come off as forced and cheesy tough, certainly wouldn't work as well as in the Avengers, where the pacing was done expertly and characters could gradually drift into the film as we already knew them all.

Comment

Much debate has raged this week following the release of Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel”. While the critical consensus is notably divided regarding the film’s merits, one common complaint appearing is the sheer level of violence in the film’s third act. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD Like with “Superman II,” the film portrays a fight in the […]

Warning! Spoilers regarding MOS's ending in the link. It discusses a much talked about scene and it seems like it makes sense and is something that the sequel will pick up.

Comment

Mark Strong (“Kick Ass,” “Sherlock Holmes”) is reportedly wanted for the role of Lex Luthor in the upcoming “Man of Steel” sequel. The rumor comes from a DC Entertainment source for CBN who says both director Zack Snyder and studio Warner Brothers specifically want Strong for the part. David Goyer is already reportedly working on […]

Rumour is Warners really wants Green Lantern and Kick Ass's Mark Strong to play Lex Luthor in Man of Steel 2

Comment

Billy Zane should be the next Lex.

Look at him!!! and he can act, and he's a smug git. Perfecto.

Comment

It always freaks me out that he looks like he's wearing excessive eye liner

Comment

One person who doesn’t believe those reports of a “Justice League” movie hitting as early as 2015 is “Man of Steel” star Henry Cavill. The hunky Brit tells ABC News that fans will likely have to be a bit more patient: “Justice League, more movies, I have no idea. Justice League could be great if […]

Henry Cavill plays down the chances of us seeing a Justice League film anytime soon

Comment

Batman should feature in mos2 rather than a rebooted origin movie. We don't need one so soon after Nolan's dark knight trilogy.

Comment

I'd like to see a superman/batman film first. Would be a good way to bypass another batman origin and warm us up toward the idea of a shared DC universe.

Comment

I'd happily see Batman restarted. Something that fits this universe of superbeings better and doesn't have to work around the ending of the Nolan trilogy. They should use some of the Arkham series as inspiration. I still maintain that all 3 Nolan Batman films are good but at times barely Batman films. Never wanted them to continue past a trilogy. I feel Batman and Green Lantern would be easiest to tackle in Man of Steel style before building to Justice League

Comment

Dark Knight Rises left such a bad taste in my mouth that despite usually being against reboots I think batman needs one (but one akin to the first Keaton movie will do, rather than another full on origin story).

He needs his own movie too. If they can start pumping out these films at around the same rate as Marvel do then I'll be quite happy. Lets get Snyder to direct them all too while we are at it. Man of Steel was so good, I want more of that type of comic book movie and less of Nolans overly pretentious approach.

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ Superman reboot “Man of Steel” flew past the $500 million worldwide box-office tally this Saturday. The film has grossed $249 million domestically and $272 million internationally so far with plenty of strength left in both domestic and global markets. $46 million of that half billion total comes from IMAX […]

The sequel becomes more certain as MoS passes half a billion, also a bit about the face image in the film of Christopher Reeves

Comment

Working...
                              X