It is one of the better N64 racers
    These are the only N64 racers that I've had a good degree of fun playing:

1. Wave Race 64
    2. F-Zero X
    3. Diddy Kong Racing
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Beetle Adventure Racing
    6. Top Gear Overdrive
    7. Automobili Lamborghini(aka Super Speed Race 64 in Japan, which is improved in various areas.)
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-03-2019, 02:39.

Comment

I've heard so many great things about Beetle Adventure Racing, but never played it. I'm not sure if it ever came to Japan.

Anyway, MRC was only 1,500 and that's for a new one.

Comment

I remember seeing those amazing images and previews of Rev Limit in the Nintendo mags when I was in my teens. Always thought it looked amazing, then it got canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          I remember seeing those amazing images and previews of Rev Limit in the Nintendo mags when I was in my teens. Always thought it looked amazing, then it got canceled.
          Rev Limit was the ONLY N64 game that looked good. Did you know that a prototype was found and I beleive it was dumped too. I've not played it myself although I should do.

Comment

I think the footage was from a much higher spec system -- and when the developer tried to get it working on the N64, it just didn't perform well so they cancelled it. That's the story I vaguely remember reading concerning the game's development. I guess the developer wanted it to play like a top quality arcade game, but the graphics and frame-rate probably turned out to be bad on stock N64 hardware.

Comment

Still looks ace!

Comment

Still looks ace!
                The graphics and car models look.good. But it looks like the car and rivals are floating above the track. It's a shame the game developer didn't get to complete the game and maybe get it running well with decent physics. It obviously would have been a really good game as a complete package.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Rev Limit was the ONLY N64 game that looked good. Did you know that a prototype was found and I beleive it was dumped too. I've not played it myself although I should do.
                  LOL The N64 was pretty sh8t for good looking racing games, I quite agree. I did like the gfx used in Mario Kart 64, F1 (that was pretty amazing at the time) and World Rally... Nothing on the likes of Sega Rally, never mind the PS racers but I was quite impressed at the time. Just such a shame like 99% of N64 games most of its racers suffered for the terrible N64 display with blurry textures, low res output and washed out colours

Comment

i too remember the pics (was it electronic gaming monthly)?

shame it didnt surface in retail form

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      i too remember the pics (was it electronic gaming monthly)?

shame it didnt surface in retail form
                      I think it was NOM and N64 magazine for me.

Comment

That Rev Limit prototype shows there was definitely potential in it. It runs nicely too, even though you can see it's a way off being tweaked. Nintendo liked the look of it enough that they even got in involved in the development with Seta (as they often did at the time), but something obviously went downhill thereafter.

Seta even started advertised its coming release (1997?). This is from the back of the Wild Choppers instruction manual:

I suspect Nintendo pulled the plug on it rather than there being a problem with development, but who knows.
                        Last edited by Tetsuo; 08-03-2019, 13:25.

Comment

Never again will I make the mistake of selling Ex-Mutants on the MD, its a gem of a game and so glad to have it back

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Rev Limit was the ONLY N64 game that looked good.
                            The water in Wave Race looked absolutely amazing, and still looks great,

Comment

Ended up getting another copy of martial beat as i needed the right hand sensor as the one on my original is flaky and annoyingly you can't buy them separately from the main set so now i have spares in case any other part breaks as long as it isnt the right hand sensor or i will be pissed lol. One of konami's more obscure music games, works surprisingly well considering.

for anyone that hasn't seen it, you copy the instructors on the videos. However the youtube vids are only of the ripped video files during the game there are the commands overlaid for your hands and feet scrolling across the screen showing you what you should be moving the youtube videos don't show this. It's stupidly fun and very tiring.

I bought it just for this one song although the rest are great in both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Never again will I make the mistake of selling Ex-Mutants on the MD, its a gem of a game and so glad to have it back
                                Dead or Alive 2 is also a great game. I remember how amazing it was back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X