X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    'full controls of our borders'.
    You keep using those words.

I do not think it means what some people think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      You keep using those words.

I do not think it means what some people think it means.
      When they say that, they are actually saying

“Pretty much exactly the same as being in the eu, just now we get to pretend we have full control, but we don’t really”

That was a free translation provided by Fishbowlhead politics translation services, for all your political b******t cutting translation needs.

Comment

I don't doubt they don't understand what they're voting for when control of borders comes up as a reason, it was always one of the stupidest reasons for voting but also the easiest buttons for papers and ukip to push.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          I don't doubt they don't understand what they're voting for when control of borders comes up as a reason, it was always one of the stupidest reasons for voting but also the easiest buttons for papers and ukip to push.
          Inconceivable!

Comment

Another penny dropping, May very happy now to throw Ireland to the wolves to get her way

Comment

She's going to get a shock when she finds out Ireland is a member of the EU then.

Comment

Senior Tories are to unite with Remainers to support an amendment to extend Article 50 by nine months in the hopes of reworking the backstop

You have to love how every single plan is based on something that isn't up for renegotiation. The EU should stick to their guns and say, 'we agree to extending Article 50... on condition of a second vote'

Comment

I'm growing concerned about this. I can't help feel that in the scenario of a no-deal, which is probably going to happen, we're going to see problems - problems with things that most people just take for granted will always be there and always work.

I'm particularly concerned about food shortages. Like, I'm not being daft and saying there'll be a famine, as that's ridiculous, but I suspect that certain items are going to become more scarce/shoot up in value due to the import/export situation. I'm particularly concerned about things like fresh fruit.

Comment

Possibly. But only knowing what I do for a living which is entirely unrelated to food or shops or any of that stuff, I know that people in my industry have been planning for Brexit themselves regardless of what the government have been doing (or haven't been doing). They've been talking about it for a couple of years now. And I can only imagine that this is the same across just about any business that will get hit by Brexit. I don't think there will be a huge number of surprises for someone importing oranges, for example. If they've had any sense, they have been weighing up options for a long time now and probably have some plans in place.

My suspicion is that the greater impact will be across a longer period of time in the form of businesses leaving or people trading less with the UK and so on. A more creeping decline rather than a moment of chaos and panic and then an upward curve.

But like I say, I know nothing about importing fruit or anything like that.

Comment

I predict all the problems are going to feed off each other and lead to bigger problems and it's gonna be chaos. Remember the day the result came in? Boris Johnson had a mob outside his front door. When that same mob can't feed their kids, their businesses have collapsed, and nobody knows what is going to happen next, they are going to be after his BLOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        I predict all the problems are going to feed off each other and lead to bigger problems and it's gonna be chaos. Remember the day the result came in? Boris Johnson had a mob outside his front door. When that same mob can't feed their kids, their businesses have collapsed, and nobody knows what is going to happen next, they are going to be after his BLOOD.
                        Depressingly, I think it'll be people campaigning that the mean old EU is being mean because they HATE BRITAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Depressingly, I think it'll be people campaigning that the mean old EU is being mean because they HATE BRITAIN.
                          No no, the mentally enfeebled will be the FIRST to die in the great famine

Comment

May continues her demand for the backstop to be reworked whilst the EU continues to say it's not possible and Ireland says the Tories need to get real

You have to love the amount of supporters of reworking the backstop who insist the EU will relent and that they know what the EU is doing regarding it, yet they don't have a sodding clue what they're doing themselves in the UK government.

Comment

On a side note, how is it that Blair looks demonic in every photo taken of him now? It didn't used to be that way, at least not when he started.

Comment

He's dropped the façade

Comment

Working...
                                X