No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is a beetle hero connected to Wonderboy?

Comment

For me this is the best original game in the Wonderboy series as it was packed full of extras. The new Monsterboy title was really good as well, far better than I was expecting.

Comment

Hi guys, new Battle of the Ports up now featuring a PS4 port. We don't see many of those on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Hi guys, new Battle of the Ports up now featuring a PS4 port. We don't see many of those on the show.

Looking forward to the PAL HD release later this month.

Comment

One for the PC Engine fans this week

Comment

Whilst no Mario-beater, taken in context PC Genjin was first released a few years before Mario 3 or even the first Sonic. Put next to the original SMB I think it holds up well, especially graphically, and, importantly, has some original elements which separate it from the crowd of Mario wannabies from back then and make it still worth playing.

I think the Amiga version is best… never thought I’d hear myself say that after a BotP (unless of course the game originated on the Amiga). You mention about the colour reduction but in spite of this there are a number of graphical improvements, the gradient sky being one which looks much better on a CRT over a fuzzy composite signal. I wish Factor 5 (and similarly competent studios) had made more of a thing about bringing Japanese-developed games to the Amiga back in the day.

I think I’m going to give this a another go later today on my PCE Mini. That’s after I’ve ploughed a few more hours into Neutopia, of course.
              Last edited by samanosuke; 17-10-2021, 07:57.

Comment

We are back to the world of Wonder Boy this week in the only game that doesn't actually fit in with the rest of the series.

Comment

Yes the MD version is rather cut, but it's quite a bit more balanced I find and a lot more enjoyable. The arcade version is just to longer and seem to want you to pump as many coins in it as you can. It's closer to the original game than any other, but I always felt it was the worst game in the series.

Comment

This is one that's been requested for quite some time now. Wonder Boy III - The Dragon's Trap.

Comment

Did you know this game started life on the Atari ST using the MIDI Ports?

Comment

All new Battle of the Ports is out now unlike a certain other Earthworm Jim that should have been released

Comment

Namco's Dragon Buster on this week's Battle of the Ports. Loads of Japanese computer ports with this game.

Comment

So with Ghostbusters Afterlife recently being released in most parts of the world, it's time to take a look at the original game.

Comment

Going back to one of the few Japanese studios that have not been blended in to another, Falcom and their classic action RPG, Popful Mail, on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone! Here is the new Battle of the Ports. Something to watch while you digest that Christmas dinner (^o^)

Comment

Working...
                                X