Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
    I think if one were to take SoR2 and apply the enemy AI and punishing difficulty of Final Fight, one would have the perfect beat 'em up.
    That’s precisely what happened with Streets of Rage 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou / Vulcan Venture is my favourite Gradius game.

Got a big soft spot for the PCE Super CD-ROM² port as it was actually the first version of the game that I ever played, even before the coin-op. Yes, the reduced resolution means that it isn't exactly 1:1 arcade-perfect but it's damn close and all of the music on the CD is Redbook Audio so you basically have the soundtrack ready to play anytime you want - brilliant!
      That's where the intro and ending music came from

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        That’s precisely what happened with Streets of Rage 4.
        No chance.

SoR4's AI is absolutely nothing like Final Fight's. It's nowhere near it.

Final Fight might be rock-hard in terms of difficulty but it's nowhere near as cheap and nasty as SoR4 is. It sure as hell doesn't use invincibility frames in abundance whenever it wants to the way SoR4 does.

Comment

More classic Konami this week on battle of the Ports

Comment

A sports game that even people who hate sports games will play, on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Always thought it a bit of an own-goal to bundle California Games with the Lynx. I get that it showed off the hardware, but it wasn’t exactly as immediate or wide-appeal (as in, playable by non-gamers) as Tetris or Columns…

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                Always thought it a bit of an own-goal to bundle California Games with the Lynx. I get that it showed off the hardware, but it wasn’t exactly as immediate or wide-appeal (as in, playable by non-gamers) as Tetris or Columns…
                True but Atari didn't really have any other well know names at the time.

Comment

Comment

A little late this week but finally released. this week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at a puzzle gamed from the masters of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. This is Tecmo's Solomon's Key.

Comment

Solomon's Key is a favourite of mine, never knew it was on the Amstrad though, and very surprized at how well it plays too!

Comment

This week I'm covering a game I'm always asked to take a look at. It's Megaman X3. There's more ports than you probably knew about.

Comment

This week a battle of the ports that originates on the Game Boy!

Comment

One of the biggest none EA sport games of the time gets the round up this week.

Comment

We are going all modern, well kind of. This week on Battle of the ports is Rayman 2.

Comment

Toaplan time again on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Working...
                                X