No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a game about a Club DJ who becomes a police officer?
    TechnoCop on this week's Battle of the Ports

Comment

A game that is based upon an unreleased arcade ?

Comment

The SMS really was the best in its class wasn't it. There are quite a few amazing ports to it, like RType, Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, and now F&F2.
        Was it just an easy machine to port too?
        It never gave me a big enough reason to jump to an SMD, and I kept mine until long after the SNES came along with SF2. I was just that happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
          The SMS really was the best in its class wasn't it. There are quite a few amazing ports to it, like RType, Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, and now F&F2.
          Was it just an easy machine to port too?
          It never gave me a big enough reason to jump to an SMD, and I kept mine until long after the SNES came along with SF2. I was just that happy with it.
          Just imagine how good the MS cod have been with helper chips. The base NES is awful compared to the Master System. All games on that console use some sort of helper (mapper) chip.

Comment

Have you done a Strider BOP yet? I just skimmed through your playlist but couldn't see it.

Comment

Yep, but it was one of the early shows

Strider II as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                One of the biggest none EA sport games of the time gets the round up this week.

I played many versions of Desert Strike BITD and always preferred the Amiga version. Okay, so it was a little slower and/or jerkier scrolling than the Megadrive version, but it had more detailed graphics, *much* better audio, the best explosions of any version, and that (exclusive?) James Brown intro tune trumps the Hubbard original. Also it does support joypads with one button to fire and the other to switch weapons although you still need to hit space to access the map (no biggie). I also had the Lynx version and that was immense for a handheld; much closer to the 16-bit original than the Gameboy and Gamegear could ever hope to achieve with their pissy ports.

Comment

The game that started off the whole 3D survival horror landscape is here on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Carrying on from last week, here is Battle of the Ports Alone in the Dark 2

Comment

This week on Battle of the Ports we have Time Scanner. Digital Pinball from Sega with some shockingly bad ports

Comment

This week's Battle of the Ports is crap! Best check it out.

Comment

Anyone fancy a whizz?

Remember that from the ads?

Comment

Comment

A massive Battle of the Ports this week as we cover the original Prince of Persia.

Comment

Great work. I think these videos are a great resource when you want to play a game that's been as widely ported as Prince of Persia.

Comment

Working...
                                X