Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in Time for Halloween. Battle of the Ports Ghosts'n Goblins

Comment

Presume you still had the original GnG release for the C64 there, and not the deluxe complete version released in 2015?
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Presume you still had the original GnG release for the C64 there, and not the deluxe complete version released in 2015?
        Yep, I don't care for home computers so I didn't know about the remake.

Comment

A bit late for summer but here is Puyo Puyo Sun on this weeks Battle of the Ports

Comment

The Konami sequel you probably never knew on this weeks Battle of the Ports.

Comment

All new Battle of the Ports is now online. Something a little different this week as we take a look at Shin Megami Tensei.

Comment

Time for some mid 90's dark action

Comment

One for the RPG fans this week on Battle of the Ports. Let's take a look at Luna: Eternal Blue!

Comment

[It's time for some Rock & Roll on this week's Battle of the Ports with Revolution X featuring Aerosmith and yes, the video was demonetized

Comment

A festive Battle of the Ports here on December 24th.

Comment

This is the first time I've ever seen this game in action, and it doesn't look too bad. Deffo one I'll be adding to my list to at least give a try.
                        I got a wave of nostalgia when it got to the SMS version That console has so many memories for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                          This is the first time I've ever seen this game in action, and it doesn't look too bad. Deffo one I'll be adding to my list to at least give a try.
                          I got a wave of nostalgia when it got to the SMS version That console has so many memories for me.
                          The master system was such an underrated machine. It's such a great little 8bit system. The only 8bit that trumps it is the PC Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            The only 8bit that trumps it is the PC Engine.
                            ...If we're living in a universe where the NES/Famicom doesn't exist, then yeah.

In reality, the NES/Famicom are superior to the SMS and it's not close, and I say that as somebody who has a fondness for the Master System as it was the first console I ever played on.

Comment

For games, yes the NES / Famicom is way ahead but as a console the NES is rather weak. They only way it can do most of the impressive stuff is down to helper chips / mappers on the cartridge. The Master System never made use of any extra chips for hardware performance. If it did, who knows what it could do.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                For games, yes the NES / Famicom is way ahead but as a console the NES is rather weak. They only way it can do most of the impressive stuff is down to helper chips / mappers on the cartridge. The Master System never made use of any extra chips for hardware performance. If it did, who knows what it could do.
                                Coulda, woulda, should.

The unfulfilled potential of the SMS is largely down to Sega (as much as Nintendo monopolized the third-party software market to a point at the time).

Like I said, I loved the SMS but there's no way I'm having it over the NES in any scenario, regardless of what its perceived hardware power is/was.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-12-2022, 05:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X