Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ORIGINAL game was meant to be played multiplayer
    I would disagree myself. Just like the loss of the 2 player mode with Magic Sword on the Snes it wasn't a game breaker for me and tbh even in the Arcades I never really played may shooters in 2 player mode only Vs Fighters or racers but everone will have their own views

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      It came out on both the Snes and MD and it can't be HD as that's been done and also came out on more than 1 console . Its not somthing like Mace The Dark Age ?
      Lynx too, but it runs at about 3fps.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        Lynx too, but it runs at about 3fps.
        I remember that all too well [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          I had no idea Steel Talons had any home versions! Well you learn something new every day etc...
          I thought it only came out on the Mega Drive and Lynx. Had no idea it was released for the SNES.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            I thought it only came out on the Mega Drive and Lynx. Had no idea it was released for the SNES.
            You should have a look at the Snes version for a laugh . It's utter pants like any 3D polygon type game on the Snes and where the MD totally beats the Snes for polygon graphics

Comment

I can imagine. All polygon snes games are total ass if there's no extra processing power.

Comment

Red Zone is cool on the MD.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  Red Zone is cool on the MD.
                  It looked cool , but I thought the game was overrated and didn't play that great myself

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    It looked cool , but I thought the game was overrated and didn't play that great myself
                    Yeah its nothing special but great tech example.

Comment

Another week, another show.

Comment

A day early? Not complaining mind you heh. Like a number of conversions, I think the C64 version ended up being a rush job. Pretty impressive for the time limits though... imagine if Zach had much longer. He also wrote the Batman movie game, Platoon and Typhoon, all pretty good titles for their time, so he was no slouch coding.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just thought I'd say, Yakumo, that the Midway Arcade Treasures on PS2 with STUN Runner is an emulated version, and could be considered arcade-perfect. You could re-record your arcade footage using that, if you're unhappy with the footage in the video.

Other than that, great episode again! This was an interesting one for me, as I loved the original arcade game, but also because many of the ports aren't really ports, but rather attempts at re-implementing the same game. It's the polar opposite to Pit-Fighter, where the worst ports would've looked OK in screens but played terribly as they were slavish to the original game.

Comment

Ah, the problem there is my ps2 isn't chipped so I'd have to buy the game and truth be told I do t like that many of the games on those Atari, midway collections.

Comment

It's Saturday so that can only mean an all new Battle of the Ports.

Comment

It's Saturday so that can only mean an all new Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Working...
                                X