THE NINJA WARRIORS ONCE AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
    Thought it was obvious that Switch's main draw is portability. It makes zero sense to buy stuff like Doom or Wolfenstein on the Switch if you have an Xbox One, PS4 or a gaming PC, unless you want the portability.
    It’s not really an excuse for gimped multiplatform ports though, is it? Especially considering that these Switch ports are ofter considerably more expensive than the PS4/XB1/PC versions.

Portability doesn’t really do enough to justify that IMO, but this is the consequence of Nintendo using outdated and underpowered tech for their latest flagship console.

Comment

Thought it was obvious that Switch's main draw is portability. It makes zero sense to buy stuff like Doom or Wolfenstein on the Switch if you have an Xbox One, PS4 or a gaming PC, unless you want the portability.

There are certain genres that fit really well on handhelds though, like JRPGs and whatever genre DQ Builders belongs to.
      For me the main draw of the switch was the first party games from Nintendo (as limited as they currently are for the system). The portability element was a nice incentive, if I was going away and wanted to take gaming with me. But, I rarely have time for gaming when I am away, and prefer to play through a TV. The only other added draw of the switch for me is the ability to have multi player sessions on games like mario kart for example, using the joycons and pads.

Having a decent version of a multi platform title would mean I wouldn’t have to keep switching consoles to play one game or another.

But we each have our own way of playing our games.

It still puzzles me why switch games cost more than other console games (perhaps it is the media it comes on again a’la the case of the N64).

Comment

Well, the publishers decide prices, not Nintendo.

The first party lineup is immense, much stronger than both Sony and Xbox One already. Obviously it depends on your tastes and how much you're into Wii U ports but still, the list of Nintendo published Switch games is huge.

Comment

Can any Switch players confirm it works with two halves of a JoyCon yet?

The lure of robotic ninja robots is strong.

Comment

Well, the publishers decide prices, not Nintendo.
            Let’s not be disingenuous here. Nintendo don’t outright decide software prices for Switch games but they clearly have massive influence on them.

It is well known that Nintendo have been mega-restrictive with larger Switch cartridge sizes and rather greedy with the prices that they charge publishers and devs for them, hence why the Switch currently plays host to boatloads of “part-cartridge, part-download” titles. Nintendo could easily change that if they wanted to.

Comment

Is this actually out on the UK PSN yet?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Is this actually out on the UK PSN yet?
                No, ninja, no ninja, no.

Comment

More games need to follow this one in terms of how sequels are named.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    No, ninja, no ninja, no.
                    Yes, Vanilla Ice...

Comment

It looks like this is coming out on physical format anyway.

Switch:

PS4:

£25.99
                      This item will be released on August 30, 2019.

Two issues:
                      1. It's no longer called The Ninja Warriors, it's called Ninja Saviors.
                      2. It's not "Saviours".

Comment

Switch:

PS4:

£25.99

Two issues:
                        2. It's not "Saviours".
                        Cheers for the update, just ordered the PS4

Comment

Two issues:
                          2. It's not "Saviours".

Unless I’m mistaken, “The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors” is the western name.

In Japan it appears to be still called “The Ninja Warriors ONCE AGAIN”.

Comment

"Ninja Warriors? What have I bloody told them?"

Comment

Tbh I will skip this one and wait for The Ninja Warriors: For The Last Effing Time.

Comment

Switch:

PS4:

£25.99

Two issues:
                                2. It's not "Saviours".
                                I thought this was on physical media anyway in Asia? I've had the Asian PS4 copy on order from Play Asia for 3 weeks now. They keep giving me the old supplier excuse to why it hasn't shipped. Now I know why. That version is also going by the odd Western name.

Comment

Working...
                                X