No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, I have never seen this game before. The BETA release seemed a far better game, love the transforming mechanic. The music in the Amiga port was fantastic,

Comment

As I never saw the arcade game in the flesh, I always assumed the beta was the official version due to the computer versions of the time, and I agree it looks better than the final version (what happened there, the main car looks so nice in the early version?) The C64 Follin choonz are sweeeeeet.

Comment

Yeah, they really ballsed it up changing the futuristic look to a more normal game. Basically the game switched producer near the end of development and the new guy decided to change a few things for the worse.

Comment

That relevation about the home conversions being based on a prototype of LED Storm was a real mind blown moment!

Comment

This week's Battle of the Ports is from that wacky developer, Data East.

Comment

Fantastic. Loved the arcade game. I've been hoping for this game for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                Fantastic. Loved the arcade game. I've been hoping for this game for months.
                You should have said something, the game may have been covered sooner

Comment

I asked late last year, and you said it was on the list.

Didn't realise it had so many ports. I bought the Famicom version a few months ago. I think a modern update of this game would be great, not that it will happen.

Comment

It's one that everyone requested so here it is - Battle of the Ports Mortal Kombat 3.

Comment

You left out Ultimate Mortal Kombat on the DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        It's one that everyone requested so here it is - Battle of the Ports Mortal Kombat 3.
                        Another easy win for the Saturn, it also played the best thanks to that unbeatable six button pad too . I was quite impressed with the port at the time.

Comment

What emulator are you using for the SNES? Because there is nothing wrong with collision detection on my real SNES. From the aspect ratio, I can only guess you are using a pretty inaccurate emulator.

If I have to choose one, it would be the PS1, you can't beat the pad for fighter games.
                          Last edited by Solar; 24-03-2018, 12:14.

Comment

I'm with Yakumo with the gameplay disdain (although I LOVE the uppercut) but I always thought this was an epically atmospheric game, aesthetically, the booming music, crunchy sound effects, dramatic speech, slick digitised sprites and, most of all, the AMAZING, mooooooody, apocalyptic backgrounds, I just love it!

When I draw I do stuff like that, I wanna get bifta-d out and walk aboot in em with a can in my hand, admiring the scenery, maybe even taking a slash up against a wall or in that brilliant river.

Comment

This week on Battle of the Ports we have a puzzle game.

Comment

Great video [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION].

1) Mark me down as somebody who didn't know that there was an SFC port. In fact, I didn't know that Columns got so many non-Sega ports! I always assumed it was exclusively Sega's in-house answer to Tetris.

2) Why did you use Super Columns instead of the OG pack-in Game Gear port? The original version was the the very first port of Columns that I ever played and actually the very first Game Gear game I ever played, so I have good memories of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X