Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    I. Do agree on the music. Virtua Cop 1 had much better tunes. You're also right about the Saturn light gun. That was the best light gun ever made. I use it on my Dreamcast with a Saturn controler converter. Very useful item to have. Especially for fighting games.
    Yeah the Stunner was the best , the DC lightgun looked the best (it looked liked it belonged in a SCFI movie) and the d-pad was such a great idead and ahead of its time and I also loved how you could insetrt the Puru Puru Pack ( into it for recoil )but it wasn't as good as the Stunner

Also nodody makes a better Lightgun game than SEGA, very much like Arcade racers, its just in SEGA's DNA

Comment

I enjoy the PC releases of these games a lot more than I thought I would considering how much easier they are with a mouse. Same with The House of the Dead series.

Comment

Is it a shooter or a puzzle game? It's Twinkle Star Sprites on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

One of my favourite shooters on the Neo... really great fun and totally bonkers. It’s another one of those games that’s just pure fun and really defines the Neo•Geo. Definitely one to play with your mates as it’s always more fun against real people.

I never realised how stripped back the Dreamcast version is compared to the Saturn port... lazy SNK!

Comment

Yeah, the DC port is really poor compared to the Saturn but at least it offers some enhanced features unlike the PS2 which is a bare bones AES port.

Comment

Wow, this was a big one to cover. Pac-Man has so many ports plus loads of unofficial ports too. Let's take a look at a load of them.

Comment

Erm, your comment on the Amstrad version, the C64 version you featured WAS the official version, it was released by Atarisoft on cartridge

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Enjoyed that video.

How about doing Ms Pac-Man some time?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Erm, your comment on the Amstrad version, the C64 version you featured WAS the official version, it was released by Atarisoft on cartridge

http://www.geekvintage.com/commodore...dge-pacman.php
                    Yep, so it was. Shame it had nothing on the actual game to say it was official.

Enjoyed that video.

How about doing Ms Pac-Man some time?
                    Sure, that will be coming at some point.

Comment

Didn't mention in my previous comment, missed out the two Vic-20 versions, both official... okay one definitely is, Atarisoft released a conversion for the computer. Commodore did as well... at least, it was called Pac-Man in Japan, but it was released as Jelly Monsters in the UK before Atari noticed and threatened action because they owned the home license. And yes, Atarisoft was the home computer division of Atari.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Didn't mention in my previous comment, missed out the two Vic-20 versions, both official... okay one definitely is, Atarisoft released a conversion for the computer. Commodore did as well... at least, it was called Pac-Man in Japan, but it was released as Jelly Monsters in the UK before Atari noticed and threatened action because they owned the home license. And yes, Atarisoft was the home computer division of Atari.
                        Atari Soft were dicks. Basically steeling homebrew code and selling it on as their own.
                        I know about the Vic 20 ports but to be honest I was burnt out with this episode. I only have a few days to get the recording done, write the script, record the voice over, edit everything then make the title card. I just decided to say F**k it to the many ports I missed or had trouble finding.
                        Some time in the future I'd like to go back to this episode and do it properly.

Comment

Not sure if it was Atarisoft direct or not, unless you have a link for me to read about it...? Pretty much all the computer conversions released by Atarisoft were programmed by third parties and contracted out.

Comment

Sometimes the simplest of games can be the most fun. Motos from Namco it just that.

Comment

A little early this week since I'll be away tomorrow.
                              This week we are taking a look at one of my favourite Capcom Fighters of all time, X-Men VS Street Fighter.

Comment

Pretty much a lock for the Saturn port, no?

A fantastic game (one of many) from a fantastic era for Capcom when they were at the zenith of their game development powers, especially when it came to the coin-op scene.

CPS-era Capcom quite frankly sh1ts all over modern-day Capcom and part of me feels sad about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X