No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll need to catch this weeks video later on as I sank some time into Gain Ground years ago. I think it was on the Master System.

Comment

Q*Bert? What's a Q*Bert? Find out what and how many on this week's Battle of the Ports.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 16-02-2018, 12:19.

Comment

Love the look of the Intellivision one for some reason, in my senses it reminds me of the same feel I felt when watching reruns of the old American sitcom 'The Odd Couple' back in the late 80s when I was about twelve or thirteen, fourteen maybe when I saw this.

The theme tune. Da dun da da da daaaaar...

Comment

I'm not aware of The Odd Couple but I do know what you mean about the intellevision port.

Comment

Qix was a pretty fun but not really a looker of a game so Taito followed it up with Volfied.

Comment

It was sold as an all new game and in some ways it was due to the new hardware but just how good were the ports of Race Drivin'? Let's take a look on Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Christ, that animation on the Amiga version.

WHY????!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Christ, that animation on the Amiga version.

WHY????!!!
                  ****ty developer for sure.
                  Next week I'll be covering a game that's great fun in the Arcade but every home port is crap for one reason or another. All I can say is, Software Creations.

Comment

Can't polish a t*** as the proverb goes, Race Drivin' pants whatever system you play it on.

I see you have picked up a few, big channel comments these days on your videos.

Comment

Pretty certain I know what the game is then, and no, the C64 version is actually quite good imo not perfect, and then again, not "arcade accurate" because if it's the game I think it is, SC were given an arcade board that was the first revision, it tested poorly, and a completely redesigned game was then released to the arcades.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

[MENTION=4087]S3M[/MENTION]
                        Yeah, noticed that too. Guru Larry is on there and I notice Nostalgia Nerd in the comments of a live feed I did.
                        Last edited by Yakumo; 07-03-2018, 15:42.

Comment

[MENTION=368]Mayhem[/MENTION]
                          Oh man, you are right and I do agree that the C64 port is the best but SC are bollocks IMO no matter what they develop :P

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            [MENTION=368]Mayhem[/MENTION]
                            Oh man, you are right and I do agree that the C64 port is the best but SC are bollocks IMO no matter what they develop :P
                            Not sure I can agree there hah... at least definitely not on the C64 side of things, Ste Ruddy was a legend. As for other titles, you didn't like Solstice for the NES, or the sequel on the SNES? Plok on the SNES? Will concur there was a certain amount of crap produced too heh.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Ah, plok is good in bursts but I get board collecting stuff. Fantastic Follin brothers soundtrack though.

Comment

Capcom made so many great games that were't fighters. Let's take a look at a true gem.

Comment

Working...
                                X