User Tag List

Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131221229230231
Results 2,301 to 2,307 of 2307
    A lot of the reviews were poor for Layer Section on the Saturn which really showed how thick the reviewers were. I remember the stupidly named Radion Automatic in Mean Machines saying the game looked out dated! WTF? All those spite effects had never been seen in a home shooter before.
    The low scores by thick reviewers are probably what contributed to this game never becoming one of the elite shooters thus keeping it at a low price. So I guess we have to be greatful to those who didn't get it when reviewing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    A lot of the reviews were poor for Layer Section on the Saturn which really showed how thick the reviewers were. I remember the stupidly named Radion Automatic in Mean Machines saying the game looked out dated! WTF? All those spite effects had never been seen in a home shooter before.
    Reminds me of something that happened when I played Marvel Vs Capcom for the Dreamcast in an import shop back when it had just come out in Japan. Some people browsing looked over and one of them actually said the words "...not gonna buy a Dreamcast to play a SNES game."

There are people in all walks of life that don't understand what they're seeing, though. I don't fully understand the paintings of Turner, or why one wine is better than another.

The problem is you expect reviewers to have a wider perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    The problem is you expect reviewers to have a wider perspective!
    Yep or at least have an understanding of what a machine is capable of doing.

Anyway, it's time for a new battle of the Ports - King of the Monsters 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Anyway, it's time for a new battle of the Ports - King of the Monsters 2
    I really wanted this, along with Soccer Brawl.

Most UK people will likely remember that these two (along with Samurai Shodown 2) were the most prominently featured Neo Geo games on Sky's GamesWorld TV show.

Man, Sky should really do a "best of" DVD for GamesWorld. I would definitely buy that.

Sky should really do a "best of" DVD for GamesWorld. I would definitely buy that.
    I was in the audience with a friend for one episode. I remember having the episode on VHS - and I got to see myself a couple of times. Bob Mills was a good host.

I really

Man, Sky should really do a "best of" DVD for GamesWorld. I would definitely buy that.
    Best gaming show ever. Loved it and still have most of Series 1 and II on VHS tape. Used to love how the 1st series was a different themed night. Jane Goldman boobs seemed huge back in the day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Jane Goldman boobs seemed huge back in the day lol
    Yeah, the most appealing gaming journo ever!