User Tag List

Page 231 of 258 FirstFirst ... 131221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2572
  1. #2301
    A lot of the reviews were poor for Layer Section on the Saturn which really showed how thick the reviewers were. I remember the stupidly named Radion Automatic in Mean Machines saying the game looked out dated! WTF? All those spite effects had never been seen in a home shooter before.
    The low scores by thick reviewers are probably what contributed to this game never becoming one of the elite shooters thus keeping it at a low price. So I guess we have to be greatful to those who didn't get it when reviewing the game.

  2. #2302
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    A lot of the reviews were poor for Layer Section on the Saturn which really showed how thick the reviewers were. I remember the stupidly named Radion Automatic in Mean Machines saying the game looked out dated! WTF? All those spite effects had never been seen in a home shooter before.
    Reminds me of something that happened when I played Marvel Vs Capcom for the Dreamcast in an import shop back when it had just come out in Japan. Some people browsing looked over and one of them actually said the words "...not gonna buy a Dreamcast to play a SNES game."

    There are people in all walks of life that don't understand what they're seeing, though. I don't fully understand the paintings of Turner, or why one wine is better than another.

    The problem is you expect reviewers to have a wider perspective!

  3. #2303
    Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    The problem is you expect reviewers to have a wider perspective!
    Yep or at least have an understanding of what a machine is capable of doing.

    Anyway, it's time for a new battle of the Ports - King of the Monsters 2

  4. #2304
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Anyway, it's time for a new battle of the Ports - King of the Monsters 2
    I really wanted this, along with Soccer Brawl.

    Most UK people will likely remember that these two (along with Samurai Shodown 2) were the most prominently featured Neo Geo games on Sky's GamesWorld TV show.

    Man, Sky should really do a "best of" DVD for GamesWorld. I would definitely buy that.

  5. #2305
    Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    Sky should really do a "best of" DVD for GamesWorld. I would definitely buy that.
    I was in the audience with a friend for one episode. I remember having the episode on VHS - and I got to see myself a couple of times. Bob Mills was a good host.

  6. #2306
    Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    I really

    Man, Sky should really do a "best of" DVD for GamesWorld. I would definitely buy that.
    Best gaming show ever. Loved it and still have most of Series 1 and II on VHS tape. Used to love how the 1st series was a different themed night. Jane Goldman boobs seemed huge back in the day lol

  7. #2307
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Jane Goldman boobs seemed huge back in the day lol
    Yeah, the most appealing gaming journo ever!

  8. #2308
    One of my all time favourite laser disc games, Time Gal on this weeks Battle of the Ports.


  9. #2309
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    One of my all time favourite laser disc games, Time Gal on this weeks Battle of the Ports.

    I love all the version of this classic, Saturn version feels the best for me, but the Mega CD Japanese version wins out for me, not just for nostalgia reasons and also far better music and sound effects , but for also being simple put the most amazing looking game covers to a game ever, I mean look at it

    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 01-07-2017 at 08:02 AM.

  10. #2310
    That's one great cover although I do like the Saturn cover too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •