No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, will this video bring out the PlayStation fan boys? I hope not. I'm very fair with the comments, or at least I think so.

Comment

The Saturn version wins for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        The Saturn version wins for me.
        It's the only port that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          It's the only port that counts
          Its almost a sport on port and then you have the Saturn pad, which it what wins it for me.

Comment

We are sticking with SNK on this week's Battle of the Ports as we take a look at The King Of Fighters '96.

Comment

The intro to the Saturn version was immense and it's for me the best version of the game, thanks to being all but perfect and the Saturn pad.

Comment

The intro to the Saturn version was immense and it's for me the best version of the game, thanks to being all but perfect and the Saturn pad.
                I think it is perfect although the real hardcore say the Saturn port is missing animation frames. To me it seems identical to the Neo Geo CD version but with faster loading.

Comment

I think it is perfect although the real hardcore say the Saturn port is missing animation frames. To me it seems identical to the Neo Geo CD version but with faster loading.
                  I can't see any, just the sound samples don't quite have the same impact as the Neo Geo CD version. Its my fav entry into the series and I love the Saturn version. The intro music is just the best

Comment

They battle through time to rescue their comrades. Sounds like the plot to a cheap Sci-Fi Movie. It's Time Soldiers from Alpha Denshi.

Comment

Master system for me, loved playing that game on Christmas day 1989 on my MS and thought the game looked and sounded great, played well and was far better than Alien Syndrom for me too

Comment

It does seem like there's a couple of frames missing but nothing major. It just looks a bit more jerky but I think you'd have had to have played the original a lot to notice.

Comment

Master system for me, loved playing that game on Christmas day 1989 on my MS and thought the game looked and sounded great, played well and was far better than Alien Syndrom for me too
                          Alien Syndrom is too slow I feel.

Comment

A loved Gain Ground back in 1990 on the Mega Drive. I'm surprised it's taken me 205 show to finally get around to covering it.

Comment

Loved the MD version, one of my 1st ever Import games too (got it from Ice distribution) and so also holds so many memories and is also a fab and much overlooked gem of a game

Comment

Always been a great game, never seems to get many plaudits but it's a proper laugh in two player, very original and underrated I've always thought, me and my mate were having a blast on it on that PS2 MD comp a few months back, he'd never played it but couldn't stop raving about it after.

Comment

Working...
                                X