Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Keep us posted if you find owt good, maybe make it a mission!
    I'd love to see how it turned out. Jaleco aren't known for making Mega Drive games that much. Another shooter I'd love to get my hands on is Christopher Columbus for the SFC. That looked really cool.

Comment

Still amazes me how many obscure arcade games got ported to the Amiga, P-47 looks a rare case where they had the source code for the Amiga version.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        Still amazes me how many obscure arcade games got ported to the Amiga, P-47 looks a rare case where they had the source code for the Amiga version.
        Here's another obscure one but this time it never made the Amiga

Comment

Who would have thought Puyo Puyo had so many ports! It's even on the N-Gauge.

Comment

Have we had a show on Roadrash yet? That had a good selection of ports.

Comment

But no arcade version to port from?!

Having said that, I’d love to see BotP evolve in the future to cover different versions of games which did not necessarily originate in the arcade.

Comment

Road Rash would not be a priority I'm afraid.

Comment

What about Golden Axe, then? And will you include the rather terrible Tiger LCD version?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    What about Golden Axe, then? And will you include the rather terrible Tiger LCD version?
                    I did Golden Axe years ago . To find a show just search Battle of the Ports and the games title on YouTube.

Comment

Many thought I'd never cover it but here we are with Killer Instinct on this week's Battle Of The Ports.

Comment

Brings back lovely memories of 1st seeing the game on Bad Influence and playing the game in the Arcades and the many battles with my mates on the N64 version (ok its not quite a port) I loved the game in the Arcades for its sound alone. It's still one of the best sounding games ever and where the punches and kicks have a real sense of impact, due to the sound alone

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Brings back lovely memories of 1st seeing the game on Bad Influence and playing the game in the Arcades and the many battles with my mates on the N64 version (ok its not quite a port) I loved the game in the Arcades for its sound alone. It's still one of the best sounding games ever and where the punches and kicks have a real sense of impact, due to the sound alone
                          Back in the day the sound of C. C. C. C. COMBO BREAKER and ULTRA COMBOOOOO where allover the Arcade. Such a cool sounding machine.

Comment

Never played the arcade version but the SNES port was the first game I got with my SNES. It was the super long double boxed release that also included a watch. Many happy memories of playing that game and I still have the Killer Cuts CD

Was the N64 game it's own thing then? I thought it was an arcade port.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              Was the N64 game it's own thing then? I thought it was an arcade port.
                              It's based on the sequel.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm rubbish at Yie At Kung Fu. Enjoyed the latest video though.

I think it was Pole who wasn't actually on the screen in the version I had. Instead objects just flew at you.

Coincidently the Konami collection is in my DS, as I've been playing Scramble and Rush n Attack. Might give Yie Ar a bash.

Comment

Working...
                                X