No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girl ep2 - this will remain a firm fav for me season, MD, DC and SS are given 1 vf move each to fight 100 matches in VF1, everything from the character select to the sounds effects(again) are brilliant, and getting the VF floaty animations spot on was a nice touch. I loved the whole

Kage head butt attack DC was given and the character roster moving from VF to other series like alex kidd and Sakura Taisen, and they explained why they got away with head butt attack everytime due to attacking before the bell

Psycho Pass 2 ep2 - great stuff, hopefully it'll show abit more of Akane's private life showing she's not quite gotten over season1 events. roll on more.

Comment

Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girls is great. The fan service is real. All the Sega tones all over the place are awesome. Especially liked the Saturn boot noise as the lesson bell.

Comment

Is that Sega thing available on any of the streaming services?

Comment

CR must have it as HS have ripped there subs from it, but CR streaming is always at the mercy of region lock outs nowerdays.

Comment

Not on EU CR sadly. Dunno about US.

Comment

Finished watching Psycho Pass last night, really great. Quite dialogue heavy at times but that's fine as most of the detail was relevant to the world and setting. Also enjoyed the development or time spent with the main characters involved. Any show that makes you appreciate the villain as much as the main protagonists is doing something right.

Now I've caught up I think I'll watch season 2 as it comes out having learned its 12-13 episodes and then straight into the film early next year.

The anime industry needs more shows like this rather than the generic moe/school life/girls as machines bumpf we get served up.

Comment

Psycho Pass s2 ep3 - feels like this will be a shorter 12ep run if Kamui the only "villain",

with him going all out already on the Sybil system and antagonising Akane. Couple of extra plot threads picked up this episode with Gino's new life style, Tougane the new guy being some sort of Sybil test case and Akane coming closer to the realisation she is a psycho.

Looking forward to more of Kamui schemes as he appeals more as a creepy-calm villain than Makishima. And while im not a fan of the op/ed songs, when combined with the animation can't help be watch them everytime...

Comment

Good to hear that Psycho Pass 2 is maintaining the quality of the previous series. Will watch the first 3 episodes tonight, hope this 13-episode run plus the film gives the series the dramatic and enthralling finish it deserves.

Also started watching Hataraku Maou-sama. Halfway through and its a really decent comedy as far as the genre is concerned. I hope the second half of this 13-episode series keeps up the quality, can happily recommend it to anyone at this point.

Comment

Tamako Love Story - a film to finish off kyoani's Tamako Market they did early last year which surprised many by its major gimmick, a talking bird not being all that relevant to the story(not that there was much of that either) following the lives the a couple of high school kids. This one concludes never changing relationship being Tamako and Ooji in a fairly sweet way. I really enjoyed the reuse of her dads song to, great stuff. After the disappointments of Chuuni s2, Free and its seem this seasons Amagi Park (so far), it nice to get something good from them which I haven't seen them do since Hyouka.

Hataraku Maou-sama, from what I remember has a pretty decent 2nd half, edging a bit of serious story around the Sol-comedy leading up to big bad fight.

Comment

I started Legend of the Galactic Heroes based upon the recommendation of a friend. Going to try and work my way through it in November.

Comment

LoGH is one of those shows wanted to get into but saw the amount of episodes so either buying or downloading going to be a pain... ended up getting Banner/Crest of Stars of ebay instead (which is also a damn good hard sci-fi show).

Naruto is so very close to the end, 1 more double chapter in November and that's it, apart from the film to cap it all off (meh).

Comment

Naruto ch 699-700 the end. For how poor the ninja war turned out to be, with villain replacing villain with no shadowing of all this

mother/3rd son ****.

the last fight between Naruto and Sasuke turned out great, ch699 dealt with the aftermath which for me i'll just about shallow them

letting Sasuke go... after all he failed to kill any official Hokage, failed to get Bee, and just about managed his revenge with "Tobi's" help over the eye arm fellow, and his final plan was pretty ****ing stupid.

Ch700 was set at least 15/20 years after, in full colour and was not what I was expecting after the film announcement, I thought it would be a lead in to it but nothing of the kind happened. Just a total fan service rap up with who ended up with who(or doing what job) and new generation of kids which left me very satisfied. So it looks like rumors of the "the last" film having romance focus might be true afterall if it shows how the couples got together in years just after ch699.

Been a good ride and im certain I'll watch the last 10 odd episodes of the anime after dropping it long time go for quality and filler reasons, but the original did get me in to manga and most of the best fights where animated and directed really well for long show with all types of little extras than weren't in the original fights (like the Sasuke piledriver in Naruto1) and some of the music in Naruto1 from the OP/ED's to the battle and sadness theme i'll always remember, just shame Naruto:S never achieved those heights.

As far as favourite moments, in no order... and from what I can remember.

Battle on the Bridge with Sasuke/Naruto vs Haku and Zab's end
                          Forest fight with Orochi
                          Rock vs Gaara
                          Neji vs Naruto
                          the whole escape arc to finish Naruto1
                          Kyuubi Naruto vs Orochi
                          Sakura vs 100 puppets (in her only useful act)
                          Jiraiya

last stand

Shika's revenge
                          Konan vs "Tobi"
                          Pain fight (but not the ending...)

Comment

The thing that always struck me with Naruto is how much more likable the supporting characters were than the main three protagonists. Totally agree with Rock Lee and Gaara fight, even now it holds up as crazy. lol

I watched 170 eps of the anime or so before dropping it. Their conclusive Naruto and Sasuke showdown around episode 110 wasn't wholly exciting if you ask me.

I even enjoyed playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 on the PlayStation 2 and enjoying it hugely due to the fact I was watching Naruto around the same time, haha.

Comment

Naruto is done? JUMP are going to go bankrupt soon. That's like slaughtering your old, tired cashcow.

Comment

Naruto has been a dog for a while. One Piece is wayyy more popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X