No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube recommendations struck gold, i found asobi asobase today. I have been crying with laughter for the last half an hour my cheeks hurt. The facial expressions, the situations and oh god the over the top screaming it's hillarious.

Im sad there's only 12 episodes.

Comment

Watching Wise mans grand son , which is another of those reincarnated series, not to bad but nothing new. One punch man series 2 which is a major drop in quality though does follow the manga pretty close but was a shame madhouse did not continue. And have been reading Solo levelling which has amazing art, the last panel on issue 72 was so good
      Last edited by eastyy; 02-06-2019, 00:38.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Youtube recommendations struck gold, i found asobi asobase today. I have been crying with laughter for the last half an hour my cheeks hurt. The facial expressions, the situations and oh god the over the top screaming it's hillarious..

Im sad there's only 12 episodes.
        one of my favorite shows from last year, the genre of comedy anime where "friends" are such gits to each other, and then pile on the the expressions and some top direction, makes for a great show

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        Watching Wise mans grand son , which is another of those reincarnated series, not to bad but nothing new. One punch man series 2 which is a major drop in quality though does follow the manga pretty close but was a shame madhouse did not continue. And have been reading Solo levelling which has amazing art, the last panel on issue 72 was so good
        my top shows so far this season(that aren't sequels or winters leftovers) have been Fruits Basket remake, We will never learn, Isekai Quartet, and Kimetsu no Yaiba which has some incredible animation and direction for mostly CGI show, it really shows up one punch man s2.

Comment

I absolutely love Patlabor, and I’ve only just discovered the Ultimate Collection https://www.amazon.co.uk/Patlabor-Ul...gateway&sr=8-1

Can anyone confirm if this will work on a UK player or if it’s fully region locked? Is there any chance of this getting an official release over here?

Comment

Finally finished asobi asobase, so far i think it's the funniest anime i have ever seen in my whole life. That voice acting is god tier i was crying with laughter, those facial expressions kill me every single time. Also finished Sarazanmai this weekend too totally loved it the story came to a satisfying conclusion but my god it got dark so fast i had no idea if they were going to leave it at a depressing point, thankfully not. Shame it was only 11 eps long but it was a nice show.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
              I absolutely love Patlabor, and I’ve only just discovered the Ultimate Collection https://www.amazon.co.uk/Patlabor-Ul...gateway&sr=8-1

Can anyone confirm if this will work on a UK player or if it’s fully region locked? Is there any chance of this getting an official release over here?
              According to Blu-Ray.com the set itself is untested but if you look at individual titles included in the set it shows they are region locked

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection Blu-ray Release Date November 6, 2018 (機動警察パトレイバー). Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Neil

Comment

Shame it's locked.

That being said, I've been told that the movies (well, 1&2, aka "the good ones") aren't that good on blu-ray. They have a very grainy transfer which doesn't look much better on the HD format. That being said I've never seen it with my own eyes so I'm curious to know if that's true, but I can certainly say that 1 is quite a grainy movie.

Comment

Well that sucks... especially as I’ve also found there’s a Lodoss War box set, although it appears only the OAVs are on Blu-Ray, the TV series is on DVD.

I’ve tried searching for an unlock hack for my player, but my Google-Fu is not strong today. It’s an LG UBK90 4K player, I know it is doable as there’s region-free ones being sold at various places. If anyone can help with this it’d be very much appreciated…

Comment

Well that sucks... especially as I’ve also found there’s a Lodoss War box set, although it appears only the OAVs are on Blu-Ray, the TV series is on DVD.

I’ve tried searching for an unlock hack for my player, but my Google-Fu is not strong today. It’s an LG UBK90 4K player, I know it is doable as there’s region-free ones being sold at various places. If anyone can help with this it’d be very much appreciated…
                    I've had a quick look but can't see anything
                    I think most BD & UHD players these days require actual chip mods

I can see a moded version of your player for £400 on multi region magic

They do offer a send away service for £119 on other LG players but none of the UHD ones

Might be worth emailing them to ask though

Neil

Comment

Just realised these guys are located right here in sunny Peterborough! I’ll give them a bell in the morning, as I try to avoid going down the ghetto that is Lincoln Road as much as possible!

Awesome, hopefully they can do the mod for £99 whilst I wait guard the car with my life…

I’ll report back tomorrow.

And if there’s any Macross fans that want the entire collection then there’s this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Macross-3...53.m1438.l2649 Yeah, it’s not exactly totally legit, but **** Harmony Gold.
                      Last edited by _SD_; 24-06-2019, 21:17.

Comment

Hope they can do it for it you man

I have an old Region A player that I keep thinking I should replace with a full on MR player but just never get round to it

Neil

Comment

Just spoke to them and they can indeed make my player multi-region

Ordered Patlabor, Lodoss and the Macross collections...

Comment

Just spoke to them and they can indeed make my player multi-region

Ordered Patlabor, Lodoss and the Macross collections...
                            Awesome stuff dude
                            Let me know your thoughts on their service

Hope you enjoy all the new Anime
                            Should open up a whole new world of stuff now

Neil

Comment

Yeah, I’m definitely looking forward to rewatching Lodoss and Patlabor. Most of Macross will be new to me though as I’ve only ever seen the first movie, Plus and Lovers Again, which is awesome.

Can you recommend which Gundam series/movies are really worth watching please? There’s so much of it, it all gets a little confusing.

Comment

I've not really seen much of any of the series you've grabbed

As for Gundam the only one I have ever gotten into was Gundam Wing
                                The others were all too long & political
                                They bored me to be honest
                                Sorry I can't help more

Let me know if you want a disc to test the player with before your ones turn up
                                I have a few Region A discs here I can send up for a few days if you want

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X