Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    I had completely forgotten everything from 2.0 and 3.0 so watching the recap at the start of 3.0+1.0 made my head spin. There are many references in the movie that were lost on me, so it will be something to go and watch all four back to back to back to back.
    No spoilers, but it does wrap up.
    Did my best to avoid the spoiler within the above quote and just about managed it. I watched Rebuild of Eva 1&2 yesterday, then watched RoE 3 this morning. I'm thinking it'll make more sense in context when I watch the last film this evening (I remember at the time it released reviews were very polarising for it. I guess they tried to put audiences in the same headspace as Shinji but there has to be some payoff for those watching). Having to wait nearly 8.5 years for the concluding film as well wasn't the greatest idea but at least it got made and released despite the pandemic. I'm hoping that longer runtime allows the studio to knock it out of the park but I'll find out once I've given it a viewing.

Comment

Started watching demon slayer

Was going to give up and stop because zenitsu was irritating me, then he did his thunder breathing and his story is now interesting

Comment

EVA's getting it's UK release on Blu-Ray starting with an Ultimate Edition - Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition Pre-order (alltheanime.com). Bit pricy though, not sure I can stomach that. I do like that you get the classic dub, hopefully it's on the cheaper versions as well.

On the streaming side of things I've been watching Kuroko no Basket which does a great job with the pacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          EVA's getting it's UK release on Blu-Ray starting with an Ultimate Edition - Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition Pre-order (alltheanime.com). Bit pricy though, not sure I can stomach that. I do like that you get the classic dub, hopefully it's on the cheaper versions as well.

On the streaming side of things I've been watching Kuroko no Basket which does a great job with the pacing.
          It looks like a nice and feature-filled set but the price is quite high. I think I'll be okay with watching it on Netflix if I want and the rebuild films on Amazon Video for now.

Comment

32 eps into One Piece now. I have mixed feelings so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              32 eps into One Piece now. I have mixed feelings so far.
              the anime clicked for me during Arlong park, and stopped watching after Dolflamingo (in the ep 800's somewhere) as the pacing got to really bad, so i just stick to the manga.

Comment

We just got to Arlong Park, and we're only watching the "Special Edition" on Netflix.

Comment

Finished the demon slayer series and also watched the mugen train movie

Loved them both but felt quite hollow about the ending of mugen train

Favourite character is the flame hirashi

The movie made me cry

During the final battle with the upper 3 you have already learned that Rengoku's father viewed him as a disappointment but his mother loved him and sadly passed, but when Rengoku is dying on the battlefield, his mother stands beside him and just tells him how awesome he is and just made me think of my mum's recent passing

Now want more from Zenitzu

Comment

So looking forward to season 2 of demon slayer and still loving MHA - last few episodes have been brilliant

As soon as I can't I will be watching world heroes mission

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      So looking forward to season 2 of demon slayer and still loving MHA - last few episodes have been brilliant

As soon as I can't I will be watching world heroes mission
                      Is the upcoming series of Kimetsu no Yaiba due to start in early October? They normally announce a series will be airing way ahead of time and the arc compilation episodes will be airing on Japanese TV this month (it says as much in this article):

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-09-05/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-entertainment-district-arc-anime-premieres-this-fall-in-half-year-continuous-run/.177047

Edit: The latest MHA film will be getting a release in cinemas on October 29th which is pretty swift given it only came out in Japan in early August.
                      Last edited by Paddy; 06-09-2021, 07:52.

Comment

Aye the second season starts in October, well so the trailer states and it looks like it revolves around the sound harashi (Entertainment)

I managed to see heroes rising at the cinema before the second lockdown and Odeon were showing both versions, original language and localised

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                          Aye the second season starts in October, well so the trailer states and it looks like it revolves around the sound harashi (Entertainment)

I managed to see heroes rising at the cinema before the second lockdown and Odeon were showing both versions, original language and localised
                          It appears it'll be broadcast at 11:15pm on Sunday evenings in Japan which although is late is probably due to the body horror/violence in the series. It'll probably be simulcasted on Funimation or similar in the West.

I think I also watched MHA: Heroes Rising at the cinema too and quite enjoyed it on the whole. I'm hoping the new film is as enjoyable and glad to see it have a relatively quick release this time around (I try to get to the cinema to watch anime films I'm interested in where possible as its the best way to show support for these type of releases).

Comment

Summer21 wasn't great with a couple of watchable shows but I'm looking forward to Fall2021 season starting next week.

World Trigger s3: which should finish off rank wars and that will be it for WT in anime form for about 5 to10 years as they've caught up to the manga.
                            Demon Slayer 's2': basically Infinite train film turned to a short season with a few extras
                            Mushoku Tensei s2
                            86 s2
                            Faraway Paladin: wasn't expecting this one at all, only started reading the manga a couple of months ago.
                            Mieruko-chan: decent yokai manga
                            Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi: enjoyable office worker manga
                            Other world cooking s2: surprised to see this get another season, s1 was nice SoL.

guilty pleasures
                            World end Harem
                            Muv Luv 'remake'
                            Yuuki Yunna s3

shows with mecha/giant robots/powersuits in, i'll watch anyway.
                            Kyoukai Senki
                            Megaton-kyuu Musashi
                            Shikizakura

Comment

loved the last couple of episodes of S5 My Hero Academia

the Tenko Shimura story is superb

Comment

Demon slayer S2 has started with 3 episodes, seems the mugab train is involved, nothing has been localised yet to my knowledge

Was going to take my hero academia mad daughter to see the new movie but it's a 15

Comment

Working...
                                X