No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth seeing PSYCHO-PASS: Providence at the cinema if you have absolutely no idea what it's about (i.e. me!)?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Is it worth seeing PSYCHO-PASS: Providence at the cinema if you have absolutely no idea what it's about (i.e. me!)?
      I would say no, you'll be stepping into a decade of story for a finale for the surviving characters from season 1 to 3, and the gods knows how many films... and it stopped being (bad)fun after season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Onepiece has been building to this very moment & the wait has been agonising, finally to see Luffy awaken the full power of his devil fruit. The trailer has me HYYYPED. Watching CP0 trying to stop it from happening & them been part of the reason it actually happens is pretty ironic.
        Well ep 1080 wasn't the one... another weeks wait any maybe we'll get it. I would say hold off till maybe 1081 and awakening should be animated and probably 82-84 to finish the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          Well ep 1080 wasn't the one... another weeks wait any maybe we'll get it. I would say hold off till maybe 1081 and awakening should be animated and probably 82-84 to finish the fight.
          Watched todays episode from subsplease (1070) it was the only last few moment of the episode as the drums of liberation started & Zunesha recognised it and announced that "HE" is on his way. Next week is the episode for sure as i watched the coming episode recap and Luffy has awakened. It's going to be insane 20 years have been leading upto this, hearing the drums gave me chills it's hype time.

Comment

Just finished reading the manga Sweat and Soap. I bought the first boxset a while ago and treated myself to the second when I saw it in a sale last minute, glad I got the whole lot when I started as I swept through it.

Really REALLY enjoyed it, cute mature adult relationship romance story with some laughs in between and a clean appropriate fan service in which was a bonus.

A few of the earlier volumes have a couple of panels where the proportions are very out of whack but overall I really like this artists work and I will look to get more of their work in the future.

Comment

Well onepiece 1071 was amazing today, they went all out. No long recap from the previous week no alternate scenes in the opening song just bam right there starting it all off with gear 5. It was really cool seeing Luffy's voice actor change Luffy's voice slightly like there's someone else in control of him at the same time she's damn talented it must take a lot out of her as she is getting pretty old.

The animation & sound effects were pure looney tunes it was really unusual seeing this style appear in onepiece but Luffy's power is totally crazy & unpredictable from now on. I can't wait to see what he can do in new fights once he realises he is capable of pretty much anything he can imagine now.

There was one single frame that had me crying with laughter as Kaido's attack was reflected back at him. They use that same gag in asobi asobase where the animation style changes radically for a few frames.

Kaido be like: Eh!

Comment

for 1071, i liked they made it look similar to a 1950's american colour cartoon (as you say Looney Toons) a clever mix of filters for the darkened edges and muted colours (like it made 70 years ago), along with the animation having those loony toon moments where even Kaido was being effected by the awakening. Top Stuff.

I still think this ruins luffy for me, Nika is just so OP i can't see him losing again which removes all tension, especially if he can bring it out a will (hasn't so far, but then a proper Crew vs Crew fight hasn't happened since Wano ended). Once we get past this Vega Punk filler, all we have left is Blackbeard and World Gov's leader'n'top brass which i think will all happen at once (if not i expect it'll be WG first, then BB on fought on laugh tail)

Comment

1072 was just so fun to watch the animation style keeps changing & it's so good, what i want to see now is when he figures out it's his imagination that is fuelling what he can do. It's probably why this fruit is so dangerous in the wrong person as it's literally unlimited in what you can make it do. Seeing that scene where he reawakens and continues to fight was amazing the animation style is so different every inch of him was moving.

This exact moment was amazing. spoiler clip hidden just in case you havent watched yet.

Also funny seeing Kaido having no idea how to counter it lol Luffy is creating so many new moves he is struggling to think up names for them.
                  Last edited by importaku; 13-08-2023, 15:29.

Comment

Read through the what is available of the Elden Ring manga, similar in art to berserk or Claymore style while being in the gag genre, definitely worth a peek.

Aseo, a poor, Tarnished wretch, finds himself cast out into Limgrave—naked, penniless, hopeless, and maidenless. His only hope in his harsh, unforgiving new home is a mysterious woman named Melina. She urges him to follow the guidance of grace to the Erdtree that looms over the Lands Between. But it won't be an easy road; a cast of colorful characters awaits Aseo along the way—Patches the Untethered, Blaidd the Half-Wolf, Margit the Fell Omen, Godrick the Grafted, and of course, Ranni the Witch...With little but a loincloth between Aseo and certain death, he strikes out for the first stop on his quest: Stormveil Castle. Will he make it there, or will his journey end before it even begins? ELDEN RING—the smash-hit action-RPG with over 16.6 million copies sold worldwide—hits the page in this side-splitting manga adaptation by Nikiichi Tobita, the creator of A Cursed Sword's Daily Life!

for official English releases for free.

Comment

Onepiece continues to be insanely good i decided to treat myself & use every ounce of willpower to not download the last few episodes then binge them all this weekend. The new intro is SOOOOO good i was thinking hmm why does that singer sound so familliar then i realised they got sekai no owari to do the song one of my fave groups, perfectly sums up the arc to this point.

Surprisingly dark & emotional 2 episodes as the dawn finally starts to come for Wano.

Comment

Went to see The First Slam Dunk at the cinema last week.

Really enjoyed it but I might be a touch biased as the original Slam Dunk anime series is one of my all-time favourites.

Quality of animation is superb and the change of character focus from Sakuragi to Miyagi is inspired and allows for a touching albeit slightly clichéd story about love and loss (although Sakuragi is still a fckn nutcase).

Apparently doing incredible box-office numbers globally ($¼ Billion grossed, fifth-highest grossing anime film of all-time). Hype justified. Definitely worth watching.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-09-2023, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Onepiece continues to be insanely good i decided to treat myself & use every ounce of willpower to not download the last few episodes then binge them all this weekend. The new intro is SOOOOO good i was thinking hmm why does that singer sound so familliar then i realised they got sekai no owari to do the song one of my fave groups, perfectly sums up the arc to this point.
                          Not a fan of the song, but the animation is great, but... a new intro that covers the entire story of wano.... you wouldn't make that for what is at best 2 episodes of the last fight and maybe 2 for epilogue. I fear it going into filler time for good 23-26 episodes, so i'll be tuning out again.

Comment

Todays episode was fantastic OP 1076 Kaido finally defeated, it gave me vibes like when he totally bitch slapped down Donflamingo. I hope they focus in the restoration of Wano just a little bit longer i want to see the aftermath now Kaido is gone. It's been a bit doom & gloom so i want to see some happiness for a little while. I skipped ahead to see where the story is heading in the manga & it's going to be amazing learned about Vegapunk and his creations but it's soooo far away from been animated yet. Something to look forward to.

I hope that they keep letting guests animate episodes as i loved the visual changes as they inject their own artstyle into the episodes. Even seeing Luffy totally free & happy now that he's awakened in this new style in the new opening makes me smile.

Also on other anime i noticed jujutsu kaisen has continued with season 2, was a bit confused as it doesn't continue on it seems to have time skipped back to when they were themselves at school. No idea if that's what this whole season will be based on or the demon finger munching arc will come back but i find this one enjoyable to watch.

Comment

Sousou no Frieren is incredibly good.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Sousou no Frieren is incredibly good.
                                It was my most anticipated anime when they announced it as i'm a big fan of the manga, so happy madhouse have given it proper treatment, just was not expecting them to go overboard for it. All demons must die!

Looking forward to the mage exam and Denken turning up but thats not likely till the second half of season 1 next year.

After last season being an almost total washout, there are quite a few shows i'm enjoying like Jujutsu Kaisen continuation with the Shibuya Incident, MF Ghost (initial D sequel), Shangri-La Frontier and Under Ninja. Also like Goblin Slayer s2 and Oldman does VRMMO, both cheap in art and animation but i enjoy them.

Comment

Working...
                                X