No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burned through most of my show backlogs sadly shokugeki no souma has finished again so the painful wait begins till the next season. Onepiece is as fab as ever & i have no idea how it's going to turn out on these next few episodes as Luffy is grossly underpowered against big mom although next weeks teaser has Nami actually looking like she might be useful for a change.

My current pleasure is a horriblesubs took on gegege no kitarou one of my 5 most loved anime i'm hoping they see it through right to the end as annoying as hell in the past that groups took it up released a handful of episodes then just died on it's arse especially insulting when you see some of the absolute crap that somehow gets dedicated full on fansub treatment.

While i have watched the 90's & 00's series i was left to do so with no subtitle help so it's been extremely hard going, pleased i can watch this new one with minimal language struggle this time. The new series has updated quite a few things, the artstyle has been upgraded again & battle scenes been wonderfully flashy. A lot more technology on display too as it is after all meant to be daily japanese life nothing like that in the older ones as they are products of the decades they are released in. Useful for learning about youkai if anyone has any intrest in japanese mythology. This weeks was a good one, wearing faces of dead people was wonderfully creepy.

The only fansub giant that i dream of one day getting a proper sub treatment is doraemon, while the plots are very simplistic the inventiveness easily rivals anything out there although some of doraemons gadgets are so powerful that they do border on been almost magic sometimes. Uso 800 potion been one of them, a potion that makes come true the opposite of what you say. I can't really see the mirai department store just selling this for millions of people to be out daily bending reality as it grants their wishes lol

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      They are reinvisioned versions of the first stage
      Which is a crimeb because the CG in First Stage is top notch!

Comment

Starting to get stuff ready for an anime con weekend and trying to shift a load of stuff at the bring and buy.

Saying goodbye to my rather large Fruits basket complete manga which makes me sad but it just takes up too much room.
        I really did not like the art work in the first few volumes but I had so many people online tell me the story was decent and the artwork was better and I am glad I stuck with it! It was in its first 10 volumes when I started to read it and I got each one as it was released throughout uni and afterwards.

I just don't have the room for all my manga so these cons are excellent places to sell and get into new manga so great and dangerous.
        I have asked for a reasonable price but not so low that I really just want to get rid of it (Love Hina has gone to alot of cons and I really cant be arsed to have it in the house anymore so its going cheap).

Looking forward to the next volume of In/Spectre that comes out next month and whatever I get into after the con!

Comment

Held off watching gegege no kitaro for a few weeks so i could treat myself to a mini catchup as it's tough only getting one a week after watching one i want to go straight to the next but sadly im all caught up again.

Loved last weeks episode with kani bozu they wove the story into real life. The last few eipsodes have taken place in sakaiminato the real birthplace of gegege's creator shigeru mizuki. In real life the town celebrated shigeru's work by creating statues of all the youkai from his stories they line the streets and form the shigeru mizuki road. Last weeks episode gives a different story to why the statues were created linking real world and anime together it was pretty cool.

Hope one day to go see it for myself along with the fujiko f fujio museum.

Comment

This seems the most appropriate place for this...

Dragon Ball Z trainers. https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/30/17...oku-frieza-dbz

I’m quite liking the Goku and Cell ones, they’re quite cool looking shoes anyway. Not feeling the Frieza ones though.

Comment

Bubblegum Crisis: High-Definition Disctopia Blu-ray Dated

"Amazon has put up the product page for the Bubblegum Crisis: High-definition Disctopia Blu-ray, revealing the release date. According to the listing, the remastered home release of the series will be coming out on the 25th of September in the North American region. If you are interested, the OVA set is available for preorder with this link from the shopping website.

Bubblegum Crisis contains all 8 OVA’s on 1 High Definition Blu-ray disc.

THE ENDURING CLASSIC OF SCI-FI ANIME

"It is the year 2032 A.D. Like a Phoenix, the city of MegaTokyo is rising from the ashes of a devastating earthquake. In the twisted canyons of the megalopolis, the Knight Sabers, a small band of high tech mercenaries, fight a lonely battle against the evil GENOM Corporation and its sinister androids, the Boomers. Venture into an all too probable future, where technology has run amuck, and emotion is all that separates Man from Machine.""

(I can't see it on Amazon UK yet)

Comment

Turns out this is the regular release of the crowd-funded AnimEigo Ultimate Edition that came out a couple of years ago. Well worth getting, Bubblegum Crisis is one of my favourite series and it looks incredible in 1080p...

Comment

Watched that for the first time a few months ago, good fun and looks great in HD!

Comment

Criminally, I've never seen it.
                    I remember it being a really expensive mail order VHS.

Comment

Far as older stuff i recently bought but have watched Towano Quon on dvd a 6 ep OVA from 2011 which i completely missed, i've heard it described as japanese x-men. Other than that the last few volumes of Watamote i didn't have (10-11) with 12 due out later this year in english when japan already has 13

Also 4 eps in to new season and i have some firm favorites in High Score Girl, Chio-Chan and Asobi Asobase.

High Score Girl - it's a history of videogames in japan homes and arcades from 1991 onwards, following an academic misfit who is only good at SFII and quiet rich girl looking to escape her strict life style, seems main characters will age from elementary up to high school so they can talk about new games. And they didn't scrape on the look-a-likes either, everything is real deal from SFII and Final Fight to the PC Engine and Kung Fu warrior, it kinda feels like those arcade amusement tours Arino does on GCCX, super comfy with occasional in depth knowledge (like being a bastard turtling with Guile, and the item barrell tricks in Final Fight). If you like videogames based SOL with a bit of comedy/romance this top show.

Hanebado - super budget animated badminton club.. very similar to the hard work put in to the volleyball show Haikyuu. Shows a little different to most sports shows where i expect the MC to harding working with a gimmick, this ones is already super talented but is messed up in the head and stopped playing because of her world champion mother who is mental. The mother seems to have left the daughter to go out in the world so she can train other world champion badminton monsters to toughen up her daughter, quite mad...

Grand Blue Dreaming- University diving club where drinking till your passed out butt naked happens more than the diving. I'm a fan of the manga, but im not full feeling this due to a combination of the art looking pretty low budget (with only the reaction shots being faithful to the art) and knowing what the jokes or messed up situations will happen taking off some of the edge. Still gets a few chuckles mainly due to Lori and Kohei being bastards to each other, maybe those who haven't' read the manga will get more mileage.

Chio-Chan school road - A comedy skit show, Chio going to high school every morning running to a various problems. The comedy usually comes form Chio applying a chuui like videogamers eye to situations which leads to unexpected results and top laughs. Also helps her best friend and wingwomen Manana is a great character for Chio to bounce of with them being utter petty gits to each other but remaining firm friends.

Asobi Asobase - comedy top skit show, following 3 "friends" being assholes to each other in the past-timers club where they mess about with various hobbies and games while making fools of themselves or others. Really good stuff that had me howling with laughter, 100% worth watching. The ending i can't get out of my head, full ending below which then goes in to a few skits from the show once it animation for the ED is done.

Overlord s3 - more highjinx of the lower leveled npcs than whatever Ains and crew doing, similar to the Lizard trope from s2, this times is the village from s1.

Attack on Titan s3 - back with bang and ton of budget thrown at Levi/Kenny action scenes, top stuff.

Comment

New City Hunter movie coming next year...

Comment

Mazinger Z Infinity is in the wild thanks to a French BD rip.

Comment

...And it's awesome.

Reminds me I need to go back and watch the original, Great, Majinkaiser, the OVAs, God and the reboot. Then spend the rest of my life only playing SRW games.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              Mazinger Z Infinity is in the wild thanks to a French BD rip.
                              I can see there's a rip in the usual place but the subs look really bad, Hong Kong One Piece Ruffy bad. I'll hold on abit longer.

Comment

Someone on has posted edited subs too. I'm just waiting for the proper Japanese BD rip so I don't have to read French

Comment

Working...
                                X